• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Work in Houston - Recommendations

ChargingGoat

Hello,

I was wondering if any memebers could offer advice on trusted shops to work on a classic Bronco in the Houston Area.

Thanks for the help!

77RHINO

Javier's Auto Unlimited took care of mine when I lived over there. He had a couple around there that he was working on, but he also does old land cruisers as well. I believe it is at Clay and Campbell. He helped me with my suspension lift and my NV3550/twin stick swap, and did little extras that he didnt charge me for, like wire brushing/painting my radius arms and fabbing a sweet tunnel cover over the hole where the 3 speed was.

OP
OP
C

ChargingGoat

Thanks Rhino.

For further clarification for others. I am looking to get an A/C installed along with some custom work on the hard top to make it quickly convertable.

77RHINO

No problem, hope it helps....His shop was initially a fab/4x4 shop, but had to move towards general mechanic work for insurance purposes..he was installing AC in a bronco during the time i was going up there, which was last year. There is a cop that keeps eyes on his shop for him at night, who had/may still have an EB in there, so i felt safe leaving mine up there. It used to be called Gulf Coast Crawl Shop, http://www.gulfcoastcrawlshop.com/

TexasEB

Loc.
Houston
If you use them, let me know what you think. You can pm me if you want. I'm looking for someone to do some brake work and maybe an AC so I'd be interested in what you think of their work.

Benny

Loc.
Humble, TX
Not sure where in Houston you are but you could try Slater's Automotive on FM1960 in Atascocita. Very knowledgeable group who do a lot of work on older Fords and Slater himself has an EB.

TAWL_BOY

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Friendswood, TX
I hear great stuff about Brave Motorsports in the city.

Or The Shop Off Road in League City does all kinds of work.