• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brought a new bronco home today!!!!!

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
yellowbronc brought to my attention a bronco in north kansas city. as it looks i might be going up to pay for it today hopefully. there was one lady who called in front of me but she has not been answering her phone and just kept putting it off. well she is supposedly going to pick it up but i hope something comes up that she cant get there and i can go up there and get it. wish me luck!! o its a '66 and ill get more info up when and if i get it.

Last edited:

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Is it that 600 dollar one cause I think it's gone

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I think I got my price confused. There was a 66 advertised on craigslist that had no doors, or top and needed a tuneup. It sounded like it had upgraded running gear. Well anyway, I'm in no position to buy another but my dad called on it and was told a deal had been made. Hopefully that deal was you if not hopefully the deal falls through. Good luck either way. Keep trying you never know.

OP
OP
holt 45's bronc

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
i just got home from bringing my new '68 bronco home. its definetly not in the best of shape but its a running bronco and brownie will be a good body to put all the goodies from this bronco into. the body is not the greatest at all but it runs. ill get lil hotz jr. to post some pics of it here soon and put some specs up.

Last edited:

lil' hotz jr.

Loc.
Knob Noster, MO
alrighty, here are some pictures. one thing we did learn tonight is that we are going to need a new starter haha. darn thing keeps locking up. oh well. its about time he has a running bronco, maybe now he can stop stealing mine haha.;D the last one is very dark, but i was trying to get all three together. ill try and get a better one tomorrow

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 102
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 79

markperry

Bronco Guru
Looks like a good project! Was that Bronco in Smithville Mo? Where did you find it?

LilRedBronco

Loc.
Belmont, California
Congratulations. That looks like a new Mercedes AMG compared to the Scout I bought for 900 dollars in Macon Georgia off 247 in 1981 as a 16 yr old.

In other words you got a great deal. My deal not so great. How dare someone take advantage of a fresh faced 16 yr old :)

Some of the rust holes were covered not with fiberglass or bondo but construction paper and painted over with surplus military olive drab, black and brown bucket paint and a brush. (Pro tip right there)

Really bad deal but at the time and as my fist car purchase it was the most beautiful vehicle I had ever seen. And it gave my dad something to give me grief about and laugh at during the summer...

OP
OP
holt 45's bronc

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
yeah its ready for the trails but there a few things i want to do. like take everything out of that bronco and put in my '73. It has 4 speed manual NP435 conversion, manual steering and manual brakes. All brakes are drum brakes and quite a few rigged things that i will fix. but first things first i need to clean that engine up to make sure it is still in good condition. i looked at the oil dipstick at lunch and not one drop of oil was in there. no a good thing haha!! but it will be fun doing all this. definetly something i always wanted to do. the frame on the '66 is in good condition so that is a good start to work on to get my daughter a bronco when she is old enough! start her off right. alright im done rambling sorry just sooo excited!!!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
o im working hard haha!! working at looking at this site and bronco part sites!! ;D ;D

lol that's always a good thing, well for us anyway;D looks like a good plan you got, the no oil thing might not be so good.. congrats on the new one:cool: