• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brought the bronco home today

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Well I fly to Ohio and used my fathers truck and trailer and hauled the bronco, explorer motor and trans with t-case, ZF trans, 205 case, 79 tilt column, explorer wiring and computers, explorer serp set ups. I think that was all of it. It took me around 22 hours to make the drive. I was loaded down so the drive was slow. It took me 4.5 hours to unload everything. My driverway is up hill so I had a hard time unloading the EB by myself and getting it into the garage but I did it. Same for the engine, what a pain to get out of the truck with out the engine hoist rolling down the driveway.

I've hardly slept in 3 days and I can't sleep now so I'm on here. I have to wake up in the morning and make the drive back to Ohio and fly back to FL on Tuesday morning. Time to save some money for a few pieces of sheet metal and then go to town on it.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That there is one sorry , tired (but happy ) bastard .... :)

PS , where's the pics ..... LOL

MattW

Geez, I thought the ~180 miles I had to tow mine home was a pain.

OP
OP
Bronco73

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I'm up and just about ready to leave again. At least I got about 7 hours of sleep last night. The bronco needs work but I wanted a project truck. I love working on them or any old car truck.

I snapped a few pics yesterday and will post some them on Tuesday when I get back. Just tired and kind of short on time to play around resizing the pics to post them.

I adjusted the rear brakes on my dads truck and checkrd all of the fluids last night. Bought a fuel pupmp just to have as a a spare. Already have a dizzy and module for back up in the truck. Being empty I hope cut 3 to 4 hours out of the drive back.

OP
OP
Bronco73

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I am home for good. The drive back to Ohio was only 16 hours so I was happy to make good time going back. of course iw as only pulling the trailer. When I got to Ohio on Monday morning with only 6 hors sleep that night I helped my father cut down a 60 ft pine tree in a back yard. It had to be all roped down. My dad makes tree work look so easy.

Needless to say i was very tired last night and I ate way to late and ended only sleeping 4 hours last night. Arrived home today around noon. I will work on pictures very soon. If the kids and I don't go to BMX practice tonight I will try to post pics. My eyes are still buring!

cmatthews7

Loc.
Lake Placid
Congrats on the new ride, but since we have this forum, you should have posted and asked for some help. I live in Lake Placid but drive to to Fort Myers every week and would love an excuse to go look at other early Broncos. If you ge ready to take the tub off, post it and I'll be there (I might pick up some ideas for my ride!).

OP
OP
Bronco73

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Congrats on the new ride, but since we have this forum, you should have posted and asked for some help. I live in Lake Placid but drive to to Fort Myers every week and would love an excuse to go look at other early Broncos. If you ge ready to take the tub off, post it and I'll be there (I might pick up some ideas for my ride!).

Let me know when you're in the area again and feel free to stop by. The original plan was for my father to drive down with me and he would drive back to Ohio by himself. This all changed at the last minute so not much time to put a call out for help.

It's going to be a while before I start working on the tub. We have a couple of big BMX races we need to save for and then I can start to put money into the EB, I hope. The main thing is I got an EB and I got it home. The rest is down hill from here. can't wait to cut, grind and weld. That's my favortite part of the restoration process.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Let me know when you're in the area again and feel free to stop by. The original plan was for my father to drive down with me and he would drive back to Ohio by himself. This all changed at the last minute so not much time to put a call out for help.

It's going to be a while before I start working on the tub. We have a couple of big BMX races we need to save for and then I can start to put money into the EB, I hope. The main thing is I got an EB and I got it home. The rest is down hill from here. can't wait to cut, grind and weld. That's my favortite part of the restoration process.

Congrats. I was spoiled. I first bronco was only a 15 minute drive home with some bogus plates. My second bronco was only 2 hours. Have fun. Sounds like you know what you're doing. I hope your kids roll up the sleeves and have some fun with you. I can't get my 8 year old boy to spend more than 20 minutes with me farting around on the EB. I'm not going to push him.

OP
OP
Bronco73

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Congrats. I was spoiled. I first bronco was only a 15 minute drive home with some bogus plates. My second bronco was only 2 hours. Have fun. Sounds like you know what you're doing. I hope your kids roll up the sleeves and have some fun with you. I can't get my 8 year old boy to spend more than 20 minutes with me farting around on the EB. I'm not going to push him.

The little man was sitting in the bronco as soon as I pulled up with it on the trailer. I was proud. He took a little nap when I was unloading it all and when he woke up I guess he was still half out it talking about how he had to go outside because I needed his help.

My daughter helped out a little when I built the mustang and she is all about the bronco as well. Shes 13 and he's 5. Should be fun with them and I'm looking forward to it.

The only reason I bought a bronco so far away was I had the explorer motor, trans, explorer serp parts and some other stuff that my dad was going to haul down for me so I ran across the bronco near my father's house and figured why not add it to the trip. The trip was to be with my dad but that didn't work out like we had planned.