• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Builders, mechanics and/or members in or near Reno, NV

Audifan

Contributor
Hey gang, new member here with a new to me partially restored 69 bronco.

I'll be posting a build/intro thread soon, but am looking to connect with the bronco crowd near me.

I for sure am in over my head here, but am pretty handy and have an inlaw an hour away who's built lots of old cars over the years who I can call on.

I'd really like to find a mechanic/shop/modder that I can outsource some of the things that are outside my wheelhouse to.

Would also like to meet any local bronco owners and see their rigs and talk shop.

So, who's around and who do ya know?

Thanks in advance.

Bferrari

PM mjramacher. He is in reno and is a very talented builder. Hell of a nice guy too!

OP
OP
A

Audifan

Contributor
PM mjramacher. He is in reno and is a very talented builder. Hell of a nice guy too!

Thank you. I will reach out.

I've been drooling over your build thread as well. I've been working on my to-do list and when I found your build, I realized your bronco had everything on my list and then some...which I of course had to add to my list...door bracket and passenger seat flip up. ;D

Thank you for the inspiration.

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
Timely topic! I am looking for a shop in the Reno area that has experience with broncos. I don't have the room in my garage to separate the body/frame so I am looking around to have this done. Well, I do have the room, but the wife won't park in the driveway :cry: Most of my body work is done, but I need to do the underside and frame. My HOA would prevent me from putting anything in the driveway unfortunately.

Anyone from reno/sparks have experience with Al's Rod and Custom?

Also, just realized I have a bunch of pictures of mjramacher's bronco from the last Hot August Nights. My wife and I were very impressed, she absolutely loved the color. Very well done Sir!

mimmonen

Contributor
Audifan, I am in the Reno and have been through all the trials and tribulations with my 69 U15. I also just purchase a 1967 U14 that I plan on bare framing. My e-mail is shaftsinker@att.net

Dbteak

I can help spend your money and give you a hand. I am in the process of building another bronco now.

OP
OP
A

Audifan

Contributor
I can help spend your money and give you a hand. I am in the process of building another bronco now.

Sounds great, can always use help spending money ;D I'm out in Spanish Springs.

What year is the one you're building?

Dbteak

Sounds great, can always use help spending money ;D I'm out in Spanish Springs.

What year is the one you're building?

1976. Rock crawler with one ton axles coilovers, etc. Im also in Spanish Springs.