• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NM Burned Bronco for Sale (The July 2010 Calendar Bronco)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
-SOLD- Thanks to everyone who was looking.

This belonged to the wife and she wants to find it a good home. Our storage space is going away and we need to find this a new home pronto!

1973 with C4 and 302. Was mostly stock except for flares and 11.50x32s and white spokes, and was excellent shape before a fire (appraised at $15,000 before the fire). The rear burned and most of the interior. Surface rust from fire now, but body panels and the mechanicals are still good. Will need most rubber items and glass for starters. We think that it is a good base for building a trail Bronco.
Salvage title.

Personal Message MarsChariot here on CB.com
or
Larry 505-980-8702 (Albuquerque)

Attachments

• 73_Bronco_2.jpg
    73_Bronco_2.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 456
  • 73_July_2010Calendar.jpg
    73_July_2010Calendar.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 275
  • 73_Bronco_3.jpg
    73_Bronco_3.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

jamie

thats a crying shame. no one wants to see their bronco burn

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
Project "Phoenix" in the making. Raise it up from the fire.

Man, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. Body looks 100X better then my 72s. And I don't need no stinkin glass. Just a windshield.. DOH, just sold one to Craig. LOL!!!

Would even do a fire/flame theme on it... good place to put some of these on it.

!Be9zP(!Bmk~$(KGrHqIH-EQEreTmN+OeBK+br0N1w!~~_12.JPG

reynard101

Bronco Guru
That's a bummer about the fire. I really enjoy looking at this Bronco at work on my classicbroncos.com calender (July 2010).

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yeah but i have some other vehicles i would not have mind watch burning ;D

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Someone stole that for $1000- If it is sold

That body looks like it's in great condition still-

Heus33

Bronco Guru
MarsChariot:

Sorry for the loss - hope everyone was okay.

Not to hijack the thread but I'd be interested in hearing how the insurance treated your claim. You mentioned that you had it appraised for $15,000 before the fire. Can you tell us how the process went?

Who was your insurer?
Did you have an independant appraisal or an "agreed value"?
Were you able to get the $15,000 from the insurance co?
Any other issues?

It seems like insurance is a well discussed topic here and since you've actually had to use yours, maybe you can provide some info to help the community.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Oh man... I looked at the Bronco several times during the day on my trips to the fridge during the month of July. :cry:

OP
OP
MarsChariot

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
O.K. guys, sorry, I was tracking my PMs stupidly and missed the discussion here. Duh!

Well, Wes (ponypower77) went ahead and got it. Looking at it with him Monday afternoon I think it is in better condition than I had thought. Really just the drivers rear quarter got flamed for the most part. Most of the damage other than that was soot and heat. Still needs a good cleaning, some paint and rubber stuff from the instruments back. But it looks like the engine did o.k.

On the insurance: We have State Farm. I optimistically appraised it at 13K and the appraiser that State Farm sent, who was an old car guy, appraised it at 15.5 K! The garage rebuild was maxed out by the house appaisers so as to get it into some sort of higher bracket were other benefits kick in. Altogether State Farm seemed to be eager to spend their money. Seemed weird like they had some sort of corporate background rigamarole going on where they needed to outlay some funds or something. Can't imagine such a thing, but that is what it felt like from my perspective. Jayne said that she thought that the local radio, TV, and magazine coverage of my involvement in the Mars missions had some sort of celebrity pull, but I can't imagine how.
But a few things anybody can do helped. I had lots of pictures like the July 2010 calendar type picture to show how ell it really looked. Lots of TABULATED receipts and estimates for repair cost. And a whole list of current Bronco prices and pictures from auto trader et al to show what the market was currently. In short, I had all the ducks in a row and packaged up for inspection. Also, maintaining a pleasant and friendly old car guy sort of interaction seemed to help their attitude and desire to help.

So we got market value rather than book value obviously. But what I learned is that what you really want is replacement value if you really want to keep a vehicle. We used the proceeds to pick up Zane's "Twilight" Bronco when he had to sell it. However, if we had known about the yearly emissions inspection requirement for a '76, I think we would have set our sights back a year to a pre-'75. Yearly emissions on an old carbed vehicle is a disaster no matter how nice the Bronco is!

Attachments

• Oct_06_calendar.jpg
    Oct_06_calendar.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.