• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 value question...

PickleJar

Found an ad on Craigslist for a pile of bronco parts. In the pile is listed an original c4 for a 66-77 bronco. I emailed to confirm it is, and if he’s sell things separate. I’m assuming it would be something I’d rebuild of course.

Hes asking for best offer. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with an offer. I want to pay a fair price, but want to make it worthwhile for me also.

Thanks in advance

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Make sure it is an original bronco, pan fill, and they are all over the place. They are getting rare. I have seen them for 2,000 to 800.00 but cal prices always seem to be a bit more.
If it is with a group of parts just ask what he wants for it.

Fastmax33

Loc.
Terre Haute, Indiana
I purchased a complete 1976 bronco C4 with a Dana 20 attached for $600 last October. That was his asking price which I thought was fair so I didn’t haggle with him. I was told it was from a running truck, but I plan to have it rebuilt. I would say around $500 would be a fair purchase price for a complete core c4, but I’ve seen them listed for more. I have an intermediate housing laying around somewhere if you end up needing one.
Max

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I think I payed about 600 in the early '80s, for everything needed including the steering column, radiator, and cooling lines. If I had to pay 1500 for the same low mileage parts today I would consider it a good deal.

OP
OP
P

PickleJar

Thanks everyone I kinda have a starting point now, hopefully we can make a deal and its as complete as he says, I haven't seen it yet.