• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cab is leaking beneath dash???

mauibronco

howzit bronco brothers!

my truck is and windshield is pretty much rust free and yet when it rains, it pours inside my cab from under the dash? ive noticed that there is no rubber seal between the windshield hinge and believe there is supposed to be one....could this be my problem? is there supposed to be a seal/weather stripping there?

mahalo!

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Although lack of a seal is could cause this, it could also be cracked seam sealer around your vent intakes or a leak along your lower cowl seam. Also check the seam sealer around the lip towards the front of the lower cowl. Good luck.

tmacstickman

If it's on the driver side, dont forget to check the drain tube in the fresh air vent.

77BRONKOTN

Mine always did this, dripped onto my shins. After having the windshield down and seeing there was no way it leaked from the seal etc. I re-sealed the fresh air box,still leaked.

Turns out it was my windshield glass seal.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Check the fresh air intake box for aged gaskets. JBG sells a cheap kit for like $16, worth the money. That is also an area that collects the most leaf litter. Also chk the intake on the passenger side where it's screwed into cowl. I plan to use automotive caulk to seal back unless someone says there is a better way to do this. My dad allowed it to leaked for years which is why I have to replace the floorboards. Never glue down carpet with foam insulation, it tends to trap water!

msommer001

There are so many potential issues. Might be best to test via the garden hose, set it to a semi-narrow spray and direct it in different locations to help determine the area that water is coming in. For instance if the water shows up at the driver’s side, it could be coming from the passenger side somewhere.

Also what does "pours" mean? Are we talking running water or drips?

Good luck, keep posting your investigation findings.

73BroncoRanger

howzit bronco brothers!

my truck is and windshield is pretty much rust free and yet when it rains, it pours inside my cab from under the dash? ive noticed that there is no rubber seal between the windshield hinge and believe there is supposed to be one....could this be my problem? is there supposed to be a seal/weather stripping there?

mahalo!

LOL, I had a 67 that did that, if the soft top dew didn't get me (often did) then that under the dash foot shower did, no reason to be dirty in an early Bronco ;D

RT

Bronco Guru
On mine it turned out to be where the kick panel attached to the cowel .

Someday I'll clean off the spray on goop ,,%)

stpdhurts

Loc.
Havre, Montana
I took my fresh air box out to work under the dash, before I got it put back in it snowed and I now have a snowbank inside.%)

OP
OP
M

mauibronco

awesome! thanks so much for all the info you guys! thats a great idea msommer....im gonna try that on my next day off.....mahalo so much you guys...hope to see you all in maui some day to talk bronco!

mahalo nui bronco brothers!