• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cage Mounted Seats

BigBlueBronco71

Loc.
Santa Maria, CA
Who has their seats mounted to the roll cage and what does your mounting set up look like, post some pictures! What seats are you running and what is the measurement from floor to seat bottom and how close is the noggin from your roll cage?

I've never done this kind of thing before but I'm thinking mounting the sliders right to the floor bars with tabs or a plate is going to get them the lowest, no need for a bracket in this case right? I'm mainly concerned with head room so how did you mount them to get them as low as possible?

treihesse

Bronco Guru
Tabs sit low to floor. Have 4" to bar Corbeau seats with tabs welded to 1.75 .120 dom

ransil

Bronco Guru
make sure the cross bar on the cage are spread apart enough to get the mounting tabs below the top of the bars so the seats sit down between the bars and not on top.

mine are on top make it difficult to get them low.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Not sure if this helps you or not. I don't have my cage in my Bronco yet, I still need to finish welding it up. I also don't have the body done. When I built the cage I did put my seats in and welded the tabs for the sliders to the cage. I am using seats from a 2006 camaro. I got sliders from some other seats because they were shorter than the ones that came with the camaro seats. I like these seats because they are not as thick on the bottom as some others I checked out. With the tabs welded to the cage the front edge of the seat is the same height as my old stock seats that were bolted to the floor.

Heres a couple of pics of the tabs on the cage its sitting on the floor so I don't have any measurements to give.

Attachments

• IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
BigBlueBronco71

BigBlueBronco71

Loc.
Santa Maria, CA
Gotcha, so the sliders will bolt to those plates, they look like they're recessed down a bit so they're not sitting on top of the tubes which gets you a bit lower, just far enough to get the sliders to work?

ransil

Bronco Guru
Thanks guys,

So there's no sliders in that case? the seats are bolted to the tabs with no adjustment?

I use the sliders , so you do need to account for that in the mounting height to clear the bars, using tubing smaller than your cage will help

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Floor bars with front & rear seat mounts and 3-point belt mounts.

IMG_0679.jpg