• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cage mounted seats

HigginsHorse

Hi All,
I'm in the process of building a family cage. I've bought a family cage kit from TBP with 2" DOM, .120 tubing. I'll be tacking everything together and having it professionally welded. This is mostly a cruiser, but will be taken off-road occasionally and hopefully taken on some longer trips.
I plan to add front and rear seat mounts to the cage. I was planning to use 1.5" tubing for the seat mounts with flat bar stock to mount my sliders, but that brings me to my questions/options.

1. Can I use 1.25" or 1" tubing? (I don't want to sacrifice safety, but don't want to have larger tubing than I need.)

2. Could I use square tubing? If yes, what size?

Thanks for the comments/recommendations.
David

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I just did this and I used 1' x .120" tube and was told that was plenty for seat mounts.

szBtiA2_d.jpg

.083 is plenty for seat mounts. Most suspension seat frames are 5/8 or 3/4 .065.

OP
OP
H

HigginsHorse

Nice! That looks slick. What size are the tubes running from the A pillar to the B pillar?