• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can I do the Chebby Disc Brake conversion on my D30?

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
Using the same parts off of a 77 chebby 4x4 y found at the junkyard today? The guy wants $45 per side for the knuckle-out. Good deal? possible to retrofit my D30? worth the aggravation?

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
MAYBE: I know a 76 chebby works but I'm not sure 'bout 77s. Have your local store look up the P/Ns for the spindles for 76 & 77. If they're the same, all is good.

REMEMBER: They have to be from a 1/2 ton chebby. A 3/4 ton wont work. And be sure to get the rubber brake line thats attached to the calipers, or at the very least make sure the banjo bolts are there.

ALSO: You will need the hub/rotors for a 76~86 Bronco ($35. per?) unless you want to run six lug wheels in the front only.

SUMMARY: If they're the right parts, it will work. ::) Thats a great price too. Even if the calipers are trash and need to be replaced you'll end up spending less than half of price of a kit.