• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cant remove my grill?

bigbri69

Loc.
tomsriver
sorry maybe this should be in tec.but i tryed to remove all the bolts that hold on the front grill from behind the front fender.one came out fine all the rest broke the taps that are threaded so now thay spin and i cant get them out.im sure some of you have had this happen and whould like to know what you did.thanks

Rocky1977Bronco

Loc.
Kapolei Hawaii
I just took mine off a few days ago, and had the same problem. I had someone else turn the bolt inside the fenderwell and i reached in behind the grill and held the nut and clip with a pair of vice grips. Wasnt too easy, but it worked.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
vice grips and an air ratchet or 3/8 drive impact. It'll either come loose or break the bolt, either way the bolt is out.;D

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
If your paint isn't nice, i took a small screwdriver and wedged it in just enough to get a hacksaw blade in. They make them with the handle on one end. Took awhile but worked.

302fix

Contributor
If your paint isn't nice, i took a small screwdriver and wedged it in just enough to get a hacksaw blade in. They make them with the handle on one end. Took awhile but worked.

X2...worked for me also.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Torch the bolt heads off or use a hacksaw blade between the grill and the fender. I had to do it to both of my 73s.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Its easier to remove both front fenders and the grill as one piece, just get someone to help you set it off, once off you can get to the bolts without damaging any of the body parts. This is how I have always removed mine for painting or replaceing body parts.

rekoj71

I used the 2 person method also. Me on the vice grips on the spinning nut and my son on the impact. I think half the bolt heads snapped but I got the grill and fenders off without damaging anything else. Oh I also had the headlight buckets out too to help me reach them.

wdbowers

Loc.
Ada, Ok
I'm With Surfer, That Is How I Got Mine Off Then Impact Gun And Vice Grips. Mine Was Smashed In So Far Barley Could Get To Some Of Them, Id Didn't Look Like It With 2" Of Bondo On It. There Must Have Been 5 Gallons Of Bondo All Over Mine When I Started, When I Get Thru Maybe Only A Few Oz's.