• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cant remove top king pin cover.

malibujoel

Loc.
Santa Clarita, CA
Have a 1969 that I am trying to remove the top king pin cover. I removed all four bolts & sprayed with WD40. Tried prying off cap as well as trying to rotate it. Wont budge. I also used a torch to heat it up. Still a no go. I was able to remove the lower cap with light resistance. This is a California car with minimal rust.
Any advise would be helpful.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Heat it and take a large cresent wrench and try to rotate it back and forth. I have driven a small chisel under it.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
You might try some PB Blaster instead of WD 40. I have had better luck with the PB blaster for this type of job. I just had mine apart this week and I don't think the caps had ever been off (66). I used the large adjustable wrench technique and it came off with minimal effort. Good Luck!

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
There is just a big spring under there - if you rebuild kit comes with new covers grab a hammer and do some tapping.