• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Capping Off Emission Lines

dkosawa

Loc.
Hillsboro, OR
Where is the best place to cap off emission lines from the main gas tank and what's the best way to do this? A bolt and hose clamp?

Also, do you only have to worry about capping off the two hoses coming from the tank? How about the other ends?? I'm not really sure how the emission lines work to begin with.

I ordered vented gas caps, but I was reading another thread about emission lines and someone mentioned that a new filler neck will be necessary along with the vented gas cap. Will the vented cap fit on a 1972 EB?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

$$PIT

Loc.
The OC, CA
Bolt and hose clamp should be fine. I would probably cap off all the ends to keep crud out just in case you ever want to hook it back up, or remove the unused stuff entirely. Not sure about the cap fit issue on 72's. I have a 70 and briefly looked for a vented cap but couldn't find one to fit - apparently some years have different filler neck ends. Another option would be to run your tank lines to a filter for venting and keep the stock cap/neck.