• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carb throttle linkage

77bronko

Loc.
Norfolk MA
Well, it happened, I took off the carb 10 years ago and put the linkage where I would not forget... but somehow I did. Anyone fab up their own? Tom's has one but it is a bit pricey.

Thanks
-Vin

Toddpole

Contributor
With so many people switching to EFI I bet you can pick up a used linkage set up from a member pretty cheap. I'd post in the Parts Wanted section. I'd offer mine but I pulled it off 20 years and 2 moved ago. Who know where it is.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I might have a full bell crank laying around I will look today when in shop. If I do $15 shipped sound good.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I've got a spare bell crank I'll give you for shipping costs. The throttle rod needs to be 7 1/2" to 8" long so that's what to look for.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Is it for a stock two barrel or a after market carb 4 or 2.I had to make a new rod for my edlebrock carb,I used all thread wit ends that snap over ball socket.

Attachments

• IMG_2842.jpg
    IMG_2842.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2854.jpg
    IMG_2854.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 66

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I just used a cable for mine solved my problem with valve cover clearance not sure if that would be a route you want to go though

67RT

Bronco Guru
I will look for extra parts..

Does anyone have any issues with the accelerator rod clip coming off when I hit the gas? Carb is Autolite 2100, stock manifold and throttle link.. Mine kept popping off so I added some ghetto elec. tape and all is well so far.. Maybe it is misaligned??

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
When I had the same issue thought it was due to the Windsor, I took and drilled a hole in the end of mine and stuck a cotter pin in mine never came off again

OP
OP

77bronko

Loc.
Norfolk MA
Is it for a stock two barrel or a after market carb 4 or 2.I had to make a new rod for my edlebrock carb,I used all thread wit ends that snap over ball socket.

It is for the stock 2BBL. I am going to try and do what you showed with some rod ends.