• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carpet kit install Questions

broncoP

Contributor
Finally decided to put carpet in my truck, got it from Toms.
Torn between putting carpet on wheel wells or not and cutting around roll bar. Any pics of carpet being cut at feet of rollbar or do most of you trim it around the bar itself. Looks like it would be a bit short if I trim around bar itself in the back

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
I am looking at the same issue. I decided I will probably mount cage over the carpet.

I have that same kit with the silver insulation. I was planning to instal around the cage because it will be tied into the frame. Will your cage base plates just mount to the body or will you have plates under the body to sandwich it and tie into the frame?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
broncoP

broncoP

Contributor
I ended up trimming around rollbar. What a painstaking job this is, wouldn't want to do it every day Just finishing up, fit better than I thought

Attachments

• 20190505_172631.jpg
    20190505_172631.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20190505_172613.jpg
    20190505_172613.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 74

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
I have that same kit with the silver insulation. I was planning to instal around the cage because it will be tied into the frame. Will your cage base plates just mount to the body or will you have plates under the body to sandwich it and tie into the frame?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For now I going to use additional plates under the body and eventually may tie it to the frame.