• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech/ guages peg??????????????

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
Just installing new Centech wireing. Problem the water temp and oil pressure gauges peg out or top out with key on or running??????????? Anyone have this problem? HELP PLEASE!

OakleyBronco

Loc.
Cedar Grove
Yeah I've seen this happened when I did a motor swap and kept the oil and water sensor from the other vehicle they were setup for warning lights and sent a constant signal to the gauges saying they have pressure or good temp. The gauges are expecting a pulse signal instead of a constant signal. Long story short try swapping one of the two senders with one you know is meant for a gauge and not a warning light to rule it out. I'll try to find you a part number, but your local parts store should be able to tell you.