• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech headlight switch - what application?

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
So I was out wheeling and my headlight switch died. No problem, I'll go to the auto parts store and buy one......NOT!

I installed a Centech harness 8-10 years ago and didn't realize that the headlight switch that came with it is not the exact same as the factory headlight switch. I know that several of the Bronco vendors as well as other by-mail companies can get this for me, but I would rather know the application so I can get them thru the auto parts stores. Here is an image of the switch:

6359_1360_large.jpg

Notice the tab on the side, thats the differece. The connector has the clips that clamp on over this tab on each side of the switch.

Does anyone know the vehicle application that this is for? I seriously doubt that Centech has these custom made just for them.

Dan

OP
OP
Bronchole

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
OK, I think I found it. Looks like the switch that is also for my 1998 Ford Mustang GT is the same. From the pictures the only difference I saw was that there looks to be an extra pin. I guess I need to look at the Centech connector and see if it will take the extra pin.

The Oriely cross reference is to over 500 Ford Vehicles ranging from the mid 80's to the mid 2000's. Prices run from $teens to mid $30's. I think I'll buy the cheapest I can find and then grab a Ford factory one from the junkyard sometime in the near future.

I'll let you all know how it all comes out ;)

Dan