• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech to ryans EFI, confused!?!?

Sasquatch

As I'm trying to completly rewire this truck, I'm a little confused on a few things. Heres what I'm running. 93 5.0 w/ Ryans efi harness, 4G alt. tieing it to a new centec harness and theres a few wires I dont know what to do with. Heres what I'm unsure of:
- Centech coil+, assumed not used because of EFI
- Ryans instr. tell me to tie Ign run, eng.temp and Oil psi to his harness via centechs Dark blue, blue and orange wires. I dont have a dark blue ign. run, just a yellow tach. sndr. Is this Ign. run power?
- Centech yellow Alt. wire assumed not used because of 4G connections already in Ryans harness??
- Centech purple start wire. I think if I were not EFI, its power for duraspark ignition so its not used?? Appears to only go from solenoid I term to duraspark and nowhere else in harness
- Centech green Reg. S wire assumed not used because of internal regulator in 4G??
- Centechs large batt. wire runs from solenoid to ammeter to fuse panel?? Assume not connected to ammeter because of 130 amps??
- Lastly, should there be wiring on both left and right for horns? I have wiring in the centech for 2 horns?? seems strange but then again I think there are a few probs with this harness. All of the front side markers and turn signals are labeled for the wrong side. I think I may have to rearrange a few pins at the column connector for them to work correctly with the switch.
Thanks for any insight to this as I am an electrical idiot. SB

jr

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
Sasquatch,

Here is an email that I saved from Ryan.

EFI Harness A ORANGE --> Centech BLUE
EFI Harness B WHITE --> Centech ORANGE
EFI Harness C BLUE --> Centech BLUE

Do not connect the wires from Centech that are labeled white coil + and
violet start to my harness.

--- Joelmolokai@aol.com wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> For step 11 it says to use the 3ft supplied adaptor if I have a
> Centech
> harness. The 3ft adaptor that was in your kit is as follow: A
> Orange, B White,
> C Blue. Your instruction says to hook up Ignition power to dark
> blue, water
> temp to blue, and oil pressure to orange. I dont have a dark blue
> on your
> 3ft adaptor. Is that a typo error? Am I suppose to hook up the
> blue ignition
> power from Centech to your B white wire instead? Then your above
> email
> says centech blue to efi harness orange. Now I'm really confused.
>
>
> Will I also be needing any of the wires from Centech that are
> labeled white
> coil + and violet start to any connections on your harness? Centech
> had no
> clue on how to wire their harness to yours.
>
> Joel
>
>

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Hooked my Ryan's harness up to my Painless harness. Not exactly the same as the Centech but are free to come down and take a look. 351W SEFI/3G/ Ryan's Harness to Painless harness. Just got it all running.

Bill

OP
OP
Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Joel, so you connected the EFI harness orange and blue to the centech blue? That would be using the water temp sensor for ignition run power, right? I am thinking I will just run ryans orange ignition run wire to the I term at the solenoid.

70EB, I might come down soon to check it out. Even though yours is a painless harness, I could still see where the EFI wires are connected. I'll let you know soon.

Anyone else have any ideas on the rest of my Q's

Thanks SB