• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Central Florida Transmission Shop Recommendation

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I need to rebuild my 4R70w and my Dana 20. Does anyone in Central Florida have a recommendation?

:cool:

Miker

Bronco Guru
YES! Brooksville Transmission
16402 Cortez BLD.
Brooksville, FL

Ask for Chris, owner. Tell him Mike (the guy that just picked up his Blue Bronco from the total C-4 rebuild) recommended you talk to him. His tranny builder, Jimmy is amazing. I needed a totally different convertor with a proper stall for my built 302 and he picked the absolute best one for my application. It runs out sweet and strong now. ANDTHEY ARE VERY REASONABLE $$$$.

I know its more west central but I'd put my name behind Chris as to making the recommendation. Worth a call to discuss with him anyway.

OP
OP
LSUpete

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
YES! Brooksville Transmission
16402 Cortez BLD.
Brooksville, FL

Ask for Chris, owner. Tell him Mike (the guy that just picked up his Blue Bronco from the total C-4 rebuild) recommended you talk to him. His tranny builder, Jimmy is amazing. I needed a totally different convertor with a proper stall for my built 302 and he picked the absolute best one for my application. It runs out sweet and strong now. ANDTHEY ARE VERY REASONABLE $$$$.

I know its more west central but I'd put my name behind Chris as to making the recommendation. Worth a call to discuss with him anyway.

Thanks.

I spoke to him and he wants $2,100 to rebuild my 4r70w. THAT is just too damn expensive.

So, I need to find some other alternative....or I'm down to just dropping in on a few shops and trying to get a feel for them.

chriskent85

I bought a rebuilt trans from Transmission Depot Inc. I havent ran the truck yet but it seems to be a good company.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LSUpete

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pete,

Monster Transmission is here in central Florida.
Drop by and pick up one of their bullet proofed trannys.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/human...ransmission-business-has-a-reputation/1210689

I have no personal experience with monster transmission but have heard that they have multiple stages of transmission regarding its potential to handle horsepower so they don't only make super high power capacity tranny's

thanks, but I already HAVE the transmission. I really don't need to go shopping for a completely new setup.....I need my current one rebuilt.