• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chassis Paint Questions

Steve72

We are about to sand blast the frame and axels to be followed by a durable paint. Plan on a satin vs a gloss and I see two or three choices.

POR-15
Eastwood Chassis Black
Eastwood Extreem Chassis Black (introduced last summer)

Recommendations!

Thanks in advance, Steve

bluebroncodrive

I used Eastwood stuff on my frame ( check my gallery) but I heard the Por-15 is much harder stuff you can hammer on it with no problems
I'm not done with my truck yet so I dont know if I went with the right stuff? ?:?

thesnake

Bronco Guru
The po of my frame had sprayed it with por-15. It ended up being very thin in places and rust started to creep in. I sanded the rust and used eastwood's rust inhibitor and then went over that with eastwood's chassis coat black. I can't really say how it's held up as it's been sitting in the driveway for almost a year, but the areas where I hit it with eastwood's products are fine.

John

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I have used POR's chassis coat balck and it seems to work real good. Did not have a rusty frame, so I decided to just paint this on it. If you POR-15 it it will be glossy black, but you could then topcoat it with chassis black for the semi gloss finish. That is what I did to the underside of my last tub.