• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

chassy/tower area on i6 ('motor mounts')

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
pretty close to Steve'n suckerpunch's below thread - I seek - well, a view of shop manual page of the i6 chassy and the "towers" (frame mounts - not motor mounts).
I'd love it if some1 could direct me to the 170ci (not necessarily the 200's but they'd B identical) photographed in that area orthe 'exploded' view. This '77 frame has changed 2 times, I have 3 different mount/tower sets & the tall decked 4.1L is still too hi for the notorious '60s/70s low hood ford. (Need pan change as well as lowering). Tomorrow I mock the new drive train (2 shafts, motor, transmis, transfer) but I can see the troubles w/mounts'n towers already. Got the V8 towers torched off somewhere but can't remember the i6 set-up (its been since '83 I changed it).
Thanx~