• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cheap 351w MAF project (You can enlarge the lower pic to see better)

mountainlivin

Loc.
colorado springs
What do you think of my 351w truck lower intake and custom upper? I know I will most likely loose some torque. I wonder how much. I have plenty of torque with my 2b carb now. What do you think the difference will be in torque from stock 2b set up? I am a sucker for trying to turn junk yard junk into gold?

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
i open my pictures in paint and if you take the right bottem corner and move it up and to the left you can resize the pictures. then just close and save changes to your picture. Hope that helps.

and on the junkyard gold, I'm one that loves to do the same. The truck lower is a really good flowing piece, and if you have a way to build a custom upper then your ahead of the game. I'd love to see some pictures of it when your done, I'll try and post some pics of a 302 truck lower I ported a while back!
Ben

OP
OP
M

mountainlivin

Loc.
colorado springs
Yeah, I realized that there are much better set ups. $$$$$ I am trying to go bang for the $$$$$. I am going to try this intake set up when I do the MAF EFI conversion, and if I don't like it I will fork over the cash and get a GT40 or aftermarket combo. How much more % average torque do you think the gt40 or aftermarket setups have over this combonation?

Ryan

Loc.
Lansing, MI
A LOT! the GT40 and Edelbrock Performer offer the most power in the idle -5500RPM range. I dropped 7/10th with only the intake, which is a lot more power for a 5500lb truck!

The stock Truck 351 EFI intake chokes so much power out of the engine. They never live to their potential. The hassel of working with that intake makes the 5.0L look much better.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
While I may be wrong I think Ford put the truck intakes on the trucks and vans because they usually require more low end torque rather than horsepower. I would be curious to see figures with the GT40 intake against the truck intake with a heavy sled hooked behind as that would more accurately reflect the type of use for many of us. My gut tells me the GT40 intake would be the way to go for running the 1/4 mile and maybe for running mud bogs while the truck intake would be the way to go for trail running and rock crawling plus the occasional hard pull. (I.E. So we pull the Chebby's and H**ps out instead of the other way around)

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
I can see the picture small but cant get it to open up into a full size picture?

I see advantages going with a GT-40 or Edelbrock intake, but....the stock intakes (mustangs included) often get over looked when it should overall combinations that make are break over all performance on either broncos or Mustangs. I mean hell you can slap a GT-40 intake on and run a stock air filter, stock throttle body with stock timing and your really not doing that much, on the other hand take a stock ported intake, bump the timing, running a stock TB, with a K&N and pick up % wise more power(per dollar). Its all about the over all combination, and which power range you want your truck/car to perform in. Most times a big sack full of money helps, but its not always the best way for us all!
Ben

OP
OP
M

mountainlivin

Loc.
colorado springs
lets see if i put the pic in this way if you can see it bigger. The throttle body is off a murrader. I just hope it has =to or maybe more torque then my stock 2b set up and be able to handle the inclines along with all the other stuff that comes with efi

Attachments

• intake again.jpg
    intake again.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 48