• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cheap ebay aluminum 3 core radiators

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Lots of folks here have.

"Some" folks had trouble with cracking, but it turned out that they were mostly rock crawlers. A rigidly mounted aluminum radiator can not tolerate all of the repeated articulation of the chassis during rock crawling. The aluminum would "work-harden" and crack.
Looser mounting of the radiator to the core support helped some rock crawlers but not all of them.
Copper/Brass radiators are less prone to this cracking. Rubber insulators instead of poly urethane will also help.

Many more non-rock crawlers have had very good luck with them.
They are not as good as a high quality copper/brass radiator like some of our vendors sell, but good enough apparently,

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
I bought one, use it about 2yrs with no issues. I figured for the price I would try my luck again. I bought another one for my Explorer swap.

ENDLIFE

I bought a Champion aluminum radiator a long time ago to fight some overheating issues. It didn't just fight but cured all my overheating issues for only a hundred plus some odd dollars. One of the best upgrades I made to the old beater.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I've had the cheap Champion one in mine for 8 years and it works fine, even here in Florida.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I bought one for my 97 Dodge Cummins.,and it works great. It was a little more than $100,but way cheaper than a oem replacement. I bought a aluminum radiator from Toms and like it a lot, not that cheap but nice radiator.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I also have one of the 102.00 champion E-Bay radiator . My 4BT has been in my Bronco for 8 years now & It was in my Gas 302 before I put the diesel in ..
It's been much better than I ever expected .

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
I bought the cheap Champion one in '08 and has cooled my 351 Crawler since. No issues, no leaks, great radiator. I will buy one for the 72 also when I am ready....

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I think the $102 radiator is now about $170

If you search really hard on eBay one will still pop up for about a hundred bucks, but yes many in the $160 range now.
Still a great deal that you can afford to take the chance on.
I did, but its for my Explorer Serp that I have not installed yet.