• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cheap Ebay radiators

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anybody ever buy one of the cheap Ebay aluminum radiators? I need something cheap to throw in the front of the Bronco buggy build.

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
I am on my third, not because they broke but I destroyed them thru abuse, they cool better then my 4 core copper and thank god ther'ye cheap.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Guess it depends on definition of cheap. The Champion radiators are lower in price, but I've seen nothing wrong with the quality.

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
I bought one. It worked great except on the trail, but that's because I didn't have a shroud around the fan not because of the cooling capacity or the build quality...

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
I put in the cheapest one I could find on eBay and it is working great. Cured my high temp issues when on the trail.

OP
OP
1sicbronconut

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just ordered one for $80 to my door. The buggy will never be a long distance rig so if it leaks for $80 I'll just by another one.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I cannot recall ever hearing a report of a build quality type failure on one of these cheapies over the last several years.

The other name brand , very expensive radiator on the other hand , I've lost track of the complaints there are so many. To be fair , there were a couple of posters who had not had any issues .... yet.

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
That $80 one is a 2 row whiel the champion 3 row is $189. Is the 3 row over kill and a waste of money?

I have always heard good things about the champion 3 row which is what I am planning to buy shortly but now wondering if I can save a buck by going with this 2 row.

OP
OP
1sicbronconut

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't really know, this is going in the front of a buggy with just a hood on top so it runs cool.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I usually run cool until I hit OCBR and about 1/2 way though the day it gets stupid! Noticed yesterday my fan pulley is as big or bigger than my crank pulley so getting a smaller one there...gonna move my trans cooler and fan away from the radiator make it independent...AND thinkin about a AL cooler. Tired of it gettin hot on the tralis.