• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Check out this sweet rack!

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Now that I have you attention you can check out my rack that I finished a few months ago (just had a chance to upload the photos)

I made it from 2x2 and 1x1 square tube. Attached to my existing 3" round bumper.

features:
-dual 1000lb hinges
-cooler rack
-swing out locks
-spare tire and high lift jack holder
-removable kayak/lumber rack (two parts)
-adding two jerry can mounts
-adding CB antenna
-going to powder coat it down the road

What do you think?

I piled a bunch of firewood between the tire and the cooler, had camping gear and 3 passengers. I thought I was going to pop a wheelie :) The kayak stays on a 75 MPH!

Attachments

• rack 1.jpg
    rack 1.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 390
  • rack 2.jpg
    rack 2.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 347

helo-mech

Nice!!!;D Can you throw some detailed pics and descriptions of where you tied it all in? Would like to make one for my Dads.

OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
75 was keeping up with traffic on the PCH!

Family cage is on the top of the list. I'll try and take some better pics.

Need to figure out a way to hang two nato cans from the cooler rack.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
;DThe kayak stays on a 75 MPH!:eek:

Did you figure that out by going 80 and it wasn't where you put it when you left;D

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Shoot I thought you meant this

Cover_Keltie.jpg

Oh well.

Henry

Last edited:

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Looks great!
Always interested in latching methods. Have any pics of that? :)

OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
I will get some more detailed pics for ya! Like that red headed rack! (o)Y(o)

Also forgot to mention both sides are removable with one bolt on the bottom of the slide out hinge.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Yes, but none that I've taken of you yet. I think to remedy that I need to setup a shoot with you and your bronco at the earliest convenience and convergence of our paths.

I second that! I like the pics of your other friend that you took out near the lake....sweet. Can we expect some more under or on top of the 'cloud'?

Babygirl, there are never enough pics of you on this site... No need to be shy.

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
I second that! I like the pics of your other friend that you took out near the lake....sweet. Can we expect some more under or on top of the 'cloud'?

Babygirl, there are never enough pics of you on this site... No need to be shy.

Oh, yes, there will be many pictures. Broncos. Picnic tables. Spelunking. Whatever's clever.