• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cherokee wiper conversion (New Twist)

74bronc

Bronco Guru
I have seen alot of you have done the cherokee wiper conversion but have any of you used the actual washer nozzles that come with the arm? My little nozzles are all plugged up on the hood, so I was thinking of eliminating them alltogether and just running the washer fluid line up into the windshield frame and hooking up the nozzles on the arms. Seems like they would work much better than the ones on the hood. Has anyone done this?

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I thought about it, but with everything else I have going on, I decided not to. I think it would work, if you try it, let us know how it goes. <br><br>On your nozzles, try hitting them from both sides with some hp air, that may knock the crap out of them and make them useful.<br><br>snake

justinsane

Loc.
Casper, Wyoming
I hooked up the on arm washers on the cherokee conversion and it works fine. I didn't have any stock nozzles. I've been able to clean plugged nozzles simply by spraying them out with WD40.<br><br>If you decide to use the on arm, NAPA has the correct size hose. I simply siliconed it to the bottom of the roof and down the drip rail on the drivers side, then under the hood. Kinda cheezy, but it will work till I come up with something better. Good luck.<br><br>Brian

OP
OP
74bronc

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=JustinSane link=board=5;threadid=11390;start=0#83743 date=1037637540]<br>I hooked up the on arm washers on the cherokee conversion and it works fine. I didn't have any stock nozzles. I've been able to clean plugged nozzles simply by spraying them out with WD40.<br><br>If you decide to use the on arm, NAPA has the correct size hose. I simply siliconed it to the bottom of the roof and down the drip rail on the drivers side, then under the hood. Kinda cheezy, but it will work till I come up with something better. Good luck.<br><br>Brian<br>[/quote]<br><br>I have tried everything to clean my nozzles. Soaked them in Carb Cleaner, air, etc. Anyway, my idea is to drill a hole in the windshield frame, but a rubber grommet in the hole and put the little washer hoses through them with enough slack on the outside to allow movement of the wiper arms. Then I am going to T them together and run a hose from the engine compartment somehow into the windshield frame and hook them up. I don't see why it wouldn't work and I think it would be nice to have the washers right on the arms. Kinda different and very functional.

justinsane

Loc.
Casper, Wyoming
I didn't want to drill into my windshield frame until I was sure I wanted to keep it that way. Anyway the stock washer seems to have plenty of pressure for them to work. I'd be interested to hear how your hose routing goes, I'll probably keep mine this way since I'm considering a glass hood.<br><br>Brian

OP
OP
74bronc

74bronc

Bronco Guru
If it works out how I think it will, I will write it up in our very own classicbroncos.com cherokee wiper/washer conversion article. I already took some before and after photos for an article. I know some people won't want to do it this way, but some might. I plan to get a glass hood at some point too, so it would be nice to completely eliminate the stock squirters.