• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Circuit sleuthing or Do you like puzzles?

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Going through circuit diagrams for a steering column and it’s just me but I had to check out the wiring of the turn signals in the multifunction switch. If the title caught your attention take a look at this circuit and see if you notice what I have.

Not in this diagram but pin 6 is the right front turn lamps and pin 2 is the left front turn lamps.

Scott

Attachments

• AA3C6A06-14FE-48B6-BF58-9CAC7E1ED4E2.png
    AA3C6A06-14FE-48B6-BF58-9CAC7E1ED4E2.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's early and on my first cup of coffee but could it be this? -

If the multi function switch is shown in "normal" mode the right front (pin 6) has power applied.

OP
OP
ssray

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
If the multi function switch is shown in "normal" mode the right front (pin 6) has power applied.
Bingo…good job, the coffee must work! I didn’t even notice that at first, but saw that neither of the left turn lamps had a connection when in left turn position. Looks like the connections on the hazard switch poles above pin 6 are backwards. I don’t suppose a tech would need to look at that part of the circuit for troubleshooting but interesting to see in a service manual.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks! I used to be an electronic technician before I bought a vending business over 20 years ago.