• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clare, MI Bronco sighting

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Saw a nice light blue & white bronco parked at Pettit Park today. Does it belong to anyone here?

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
I am only about 30 minutes from there, I haven't seen it personal but a friend I work with lives there and he said he saw it too I will see if he can get some pictures for us.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I am only about 30 minutes from there, I haven't seen it personal but a friend I work with lives there and he said he saw it too I will see if he can get some pictures for us.

What's your friends name? I grew up in Clare/Farwell area. I have many, many relatives who live there. I was there this weekend for my family reunion.

I think I saw you last summer on M30. You were driving north and I was heading south. I wasn't in my Bronco though.

67RT

Bronco Guru
I just drove 1200 miles around Lake Michigan and upper peninsula and saw nothing! Actually no nice old cars, which was surprising.

mudford

Loc.
Midland, MI
When I saw your title I thought maybe it was me, because I just passed through Clare with my Bronco. But it was on Sunday, and my Bronco was on a trailer, and mine is just plain blue.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
The one I saw was light blue with white flares, and they were driving it.

Too funny, I just left Sault Ste Marie Canada today. I'm working my way back down through the UP, staying in Newberry tonight. I thought I could escape the heat of TN this week, boy I was wrong. 91 today in Canada. Even Lake Superior felt warm. Heading towards WI tomorrow.

67RT

Bronco Guru

Too funny, I just left Sault Ste Marie Canada today. I'm working my way back down through the UP, staying in Newberry tonight. I thought I could escape the heat of TN this week, boy I was wrong. 91 today in Canada. Even Lake Superior felt warm. Heading towards WI tomorrow.

Lake Superior was 50 degrees when we were there three weeks ago, and people were swimming! It is super clean with clear visibility to 30 feet where we were.
Did you go to Mackinac Island (see pic) on east coast of Lake Michigan? What a great place. Rent bikes and do the 7 mile ride around it. Looks like the Bahamas the water is so clean and light blue. My other favorite was Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park. Amazing and a nice huge and warm but shallow and clean lake right across the street great for swimming/boating.
But it sounds like you are going the other way. We flew into Chicago, slowly made our way up thru Wisconsin and stayed at Grand Marais near Pictured Rock national park. Do their waterfall boat tour out of Munising. Amazing place. Good luck with the mosquitoes. Holy crap they are bad..

I can't recommend much in Wisconsin, other then looking for old muscle cars. That is where I found my Coronet RT ragtop. It seems like many are buried there...

Enjoy! What a pleasure to cruise with no traffic in such a primitive place. Lots of dirt roads. Didn't get pour rental Jeep Compass stuck, thankfully.

Attachments

• 20150709_142437.jpg
    20150709_142437.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 49

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
What's your friends name? I grew up in Clare/Farwell area. I have many, many relatives who live there. I was there this weekend for my family reunion.

I think I saw you last summer on M30. You were driving north and I was heading south. I wasn't in my Bronco though.

His name is Jeremiah Bouchey, and I don't think it was me you saw last year I don't get over towards M30 with the bronco very often plus its black with a white top not all white anymore, my profile picture is old.

Last edited:

WLDSTALLION

The guy that I bought mine from had nice baby blue one, he lives south of Farwell. His name was Dave.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
The guy that I bought mine from had nice baby blue one, he lives south of Farwell. His name was Dave.

Did he live on Grass Lake Rd about 2 miles south of Farwell? I knew he had a red one, but didn't know about a baby blue one.

77Bronco636

Chad
The body shop in Newberry use to have about 20 or so broncos behind it, the city made him clean them up. Not sure where he stashed them all. He does restore one about every 5 years or so. He had a real clean 77 with a plow on it at one point. No rust, manual trans, no dash pad, just a bare bones 77. I never seen one with so few options.
Hope you got to eat a Timber Charlie's! ;D
Paul

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Chad
The body shop in Newberry use to have about 20 or so broncos behind it, the city made him clean them up. Not sure where he stashed them all. He does restore one about every 5 years or so. He had a real clean 77 with a plow on it at one point. No rust, manual trans, no dash pad, just a bare bones 77. I never seen one with so few options.
Hope you got to eat a Timber Charlie's! ;D
Paul

I'm back home now in TN, looks like I missed the beautiful weather by about a week. I stayed the night in Newberry, but didn't see any Broncos around town. I'll have to dig a little deeper when I'm back up there next year.

WLDSTALLION

Is that the place about half way between Mcdonalds and downtown Newberry, on the west side of the rd? I seen a couple sitting inside but never stopped, my parents have a cabin north of town up by Pinestump.

67RT

Bronco Guru
More importantly, did you go to Oswalds bear ranch in Newberry? Who knew baby bears like blue Cheerios. My son loved holding the baby bear.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
More importantly, did you go to Oswalds bear ranch in Newberry? Who knew baby bears like blue Cheerios. My son loved holding the baby bear.

Yep, that's a cool place. Those cubs were pretty lively.

67RT

Bronco Guru
Yep, that's a cool place. Those cubs were pretty lively.

Here we are. We are happy the little guy was in a playful mood and there was plenty of food around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 17