• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Classic Car Radio

nathan_1970

rwill

Yes, Looks like the one LMC offers.Only thing I dont like is the 'dial' markinks on the window make reading the settings(base,treble,etc)hard to see,for 60year old eyes. Plays good, good customer support.
Roger

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

Yes, Looks like the one LMC offers.Only thing I dont like is the 'dial' markinks on the window make reading the settings(base,treble,etc)hard to see,for 60year old eyes. Plays good, good customer support.
Roger

Good to know, I usually only deal with those kind of adjustments once but it is a good thing to point out. Thanks!

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I the face plate flat on that for some reason I was thinking that the face on the pickups had an angel in them .
.. I need another radio My 50$ little radio from crutch field the string that moves the dial back &fourth so I can't see what station I'm on. But I don't want to spend 200bucks

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

I the face plate flat on that for some reason I was thinking that the face on the pickups had an angel in them .
.. I need another radio My 50$ little radio from crutch field the string that moves the dial back &fourth so I can't see what station I'm on. But I don't want to spend 200bucks

I was thinking the same thing...hopefully someone else knows the answer to that, if not I will keep doing some research and report back.

Last edited:

74baja

yes they do have a slight angle ..you need a flat one..i did the sam and ordered a usa 630. but they don't sell the face plate,so I returned it.... they don't sell any faceplate that will fit so you will either need to get one of these http://www.flickr.com/photos/cntstpdrmn/8473180001/in/set-72157632763568649 and modify it.. or I just got this head unit instead that comes with the bezel that matches the rhino liner nice! waiting on the kick panels from bronco hut then it will all go in...... http://www.flickr.com/photos/cntstpdrmn/8473179429/in/set-72157632763568649 It has Bluetooth phone and music streaming plus everything the other one did...but it is built better than the customautosound one..

Last edited:
OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

yes they do have a slight angle ..you need a flat one..i did the sam and ordered a usa 630. but they don't sell the face plate,so I returned it.... they don't sell any faceplate that will fit so you will either need to get one of these http://www.flickr.com/photos/cntstpdrmn/8473180001/in/set-72157632763568649 and modify it.. or I just got this head unit instead that comes with the bezel that matches the rhino liner nice! waiting on the kick panels from bronco hut then it will all go in...... http://www.flickr.com/photos/cntstpdrmn/8473179429/in/set-72157632763568649 It has Bluetooth phone and music streaming plus everything the other one did...but it is built better than the customautosound one..

Thanks for info, i will look into those also.

I went back to the site i got the first link from and found a 74-78 Mustang radio that is flat.

http://www.classiccarstereos.com/product/1974-1978-Ford-Mustang-Radio/CAM-LLM-USA-630.html

74baja

Thanks for info, i will look into those also.

I went back to the site i got the first link from and found a 74-78 Mustang radio that is flat.

http://www.classiccarstereos.com/product/1974-1978-Ford-Mustang-Radio/CAM-LLM-USA-630.html

yup....that's the one I got but It does not come with the face plate. you could always find one.. but for the money I would think It would be included.. I talked to the tech people there and they said they have nothing that will completely fill a single din opening...so I went with retrosound model 2 and they do come with faceplates... plus the usa630 is really cheap looking/feeling. Ford logo is a sticker.. knobs are plastic.. retrosound model 2has nice knobs ,a bunch that you can choose from .. I got ones that look pretty close to the broncos knobs...with the Bluetooth included .......cruchfield is the cheapest place to get one...

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

yup....that's the one I got but It does not come with the face plate. you could always find one.. but for the money I would think It would be included.. I talked to the tech people there and they said they have nothing that will completely fill a single din opening...so I went with retrosound model 2 and they do come with faceplates... plus the usa630 is really cheap looking/feeling. Ford logo is a sticker.. knobs are plastic.. retrosound model 2has nice knobs ,a bunch that you can choose from .. I got ones that look pretty close to the broncos knobs...with the Bluetooth included .......cruchfield is the cheapest place to get one...

Got it, thanks for the review! I will move my search over to the brand you originally mentioned.

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

Post up what you decide on. Along with the price and the features.

Will do.

My current radio was cutting in and out a decent amount which is why I was looking at replacing it. I looked it over a bit more today and I think i narrowed the issue down to the external equalizer. I removed the equalizer and put everything back together and I will run it awhile and see what happens.

When I do replace it i will reply back and give the stats.

Seattle66

My buddy just put that radio in his 66 mustang. He has been happy with it so far.