• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clean stock-ish appearing Explorer overdrive switch/button/light dash options

snick

Contributor
I've searched the site but didn't come up with many results. I did check out the keepitclean.com led light button that 71 CA Bronco used in this thread

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threads/efi-guys-harness-to-overdrive-momentary-switch.301083/ but I was hoping to find something smaller and more "stock appearing" (obviously an overdrive switch with light is not stock on any EB but hopefully you get my gist with a stock appearing option)

I'm redoing my dash now and want to keep it as stock appearing as possible. I plan on using the dash hole that housed the brake warning light for my check engine light so that one is spoken for.

Anyone have any recommendations? Also pics of your dash with your OD button/switch would much appreciated.

My EB: 70 U15 96 explorer complete drivetrain with EFI Guy harness rework and computer. I have a stock EB auto column (can't remember the exact year at the moment) with column shift operating the trans. Currently my dash (that I'm redoing has a button switch to turn the OD on/off and a separate light in the dash to indicate it it's on/off. If possible I'd like a stock-appearing combination switch with light incorporated (like the one in the link above but want to see all the options. The dash that I'm putting in is a 68-72 stock EB dash with the speaker grilled moved all the way to the passenger side for roll cage clearance with the glove box door.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

snick

Contributor
Thanks for the Etsy suggestion and link, didn’t even think of looking there.

Question: What volt range should I choose if I order a led light button/switch? The options are 3-6V or 12-24V. Please excuse my lack of any and all electrical knowledge, it’s my least favorite thing to mess with but I’ve avoided it far too long.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Not sure, but don’t see the spot where you say what trans… I’m adding OD lockout to my AOD right now and it needs a 12v latching switch.

I went with this:
https://billetautomotivebuttons.com/products/22mm-o-d-billet-push-button-switch-overdrive

Far from stock looking but I also have an E-Stopp so got the patching Park button and will put both in my center console. I got the multi colored switch so I can make it green when OD is on and red when OD if off (or could just do green when on if I want, or just red when off…).

Last edited:

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Thanks for the Etsy suggestion and link, didn’t even think of looking there.

Question: What volt range should I choose if I order a led light button/switch? The options are 3-6V or 12-24V. Please excuse my lack of any and all electrical knowledge, it’s my least favorite thing to mess with but I’ve avoided it far too long.
12-24V