• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NV Clueless buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Aghhhhhhhhhhhh! This is what is wrong with Bronco sales on eBay. I don't know if it is just that I hate being sold a pig-in-a-poke or that after being at Super Celebration and seeing nice EBs, but I am so tired of fly-by-night sellers are taking the uninformed public wanting to jump into Bronco ownership.

Sold by eBay seller " jesus_loves_you_702" (do you think with a user name like that they are trying to instill confidence that they aren't going to rip you off?), this ad has so much wrong with it if you look at the description and marketing against the photos:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Bronco...8aee3cf56&item=380891287382&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Let's examine this beauty, with (75) current bids with an open mind:

1) It is clearly repainted (not mentioned in the ad, only listed as family owned barn find..... again with the barn find!)

2) If you are repainting to flip (obvious), wouldn't you at least spring the $400 for a new grill without missing and twisted places in it? (photo #1)

3) What's up with only (1) side marker light on the whole truck? (photo #2)

4) Always love the square tin piece covering the under hood rust. This one has a bonus, a jagged piece of original sheet metal is still attached to the screw...... "original" indeed (photo #3)

5) Headlights need some adjustments???? (photo #4)

6) They should have kept the dash pad cover in the barn (photo #5)

7) Nice bodywork prep before painting (photo #6)

And the list goes on. My frustration is that so many people want to own a Bronco that they will not even know what is a good EB vs. a nightmare on wheels that they lay their hard earned cash out for.

Again, if this eBay listing is anyone on here, I reserve the right to my opinion just as the seller does for listing this truck. I just had to get it off my chest.

Attachments

• grill issues.jpg
    grill issues.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 437
  • grill twists_gaps.jpg
    grill twists_gaps.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 459
  • tin patch_old tin.jpg
    tin patch_old tin.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 526
  • headlights.jpg
    headlights.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 435
  • crappy dashpad.jpg
    crappy dashpad.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 462
  • cheap paint flaws.jpg
    cheap paint flaws.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 494

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
It always amazes me when I see those glaringly stupid details like the sheetmetal still hanging on the screw. Mine had plenty of those too, but not for $12K+ !!!

Grove Gemini

I really appreciate the attention you guys give to this stuff. I'm just getting started and scanning the ads for the right one. These are great lessons for patient newbies like myself.

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I just met this guy a couple of weeks ago when I went to look at another bronco he had for sale (very similar). He came across as very naive about broncos altogether. The bronco looked great in all of the pictures but was a complete mess in person. I knew within the first 2 minutes that this thing wasn't even worth making an offer. It looked like it had been rear ended pretty good and bent the rear of the frame as well as breaking both rear frame horns. Bondo, sheet metal screws instead of welds in the body panels, barely anything masked for paint, etc, etc...I posted a quick thread about it because I didn't want anyone here to get caught buying it and kicking themselves later. I couldn't believe that it went up to over $12k! I had gone to look at it for $7500 and pretty much ran away. He never said anything about having another bronco. Same seller for sure. Here is the link to the thread about the first bronco.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239758&highlight=game+bronco+worth

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I just checked the sellers other listings. I don't think the guy I met is this seller (Jesus-Loves-You). Maybe this guy bought the bronco right after I looked at it because it went up for auction within days of me looking at it and suggesting to the seller to list it on eBay (with full disclosures of the known issues). Either way, this seller doesn't seem like the type I want to buy a car from.

Status
Not open for further replies.