• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clutch install price?

CRZA1

Loc.
Albuquerque
Whats a fair price for a clutch install? I know do it yourself right, but its not mine and I dont feel like taking apart another drivetrain.
TIA

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D I would think abut 600.00 to 800.00 in a good shop mite be more good luck. %) %) %) Bill :p %) :p

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
Dont save any money on the clutch, put the best you can buy, no rebuilts. Pay more to get it done right the first time. Change the throwout bearing and the pilot bearing too. No place to be bargain hunting

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
have the flywheel surface ground while you are in there. 6-800 sounds about right. lots of labor involved, it's a dirty sucky job usually. do the mechanic a big favor and steam clean the underside before you bring it in. he'll really appreciate it.

if your shifter bushings are worn, now's the time to change them out too.
shoot, if your driveshafts are loose or worn, might as well get those freshened up while they're out.
it's only money, broncos live off it.