• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coil Spring Install

Crimson66

Loc.
Olive Branch, Ms.
I try to work through this what should be simple Install. I cannot figure out how to line the Spring up to the upper retainer clip... you know two bolts . I can get one in and cant quiet line up the other one. I even have the whole thing stripped to the bare frame, easy access. how do you guys get this in? any ideas or techniques or just lots of swearing.:mad:

68Olblue

Loc.
Auburn
There's some good info in the tech section under suspension I believe. I used it and worked great.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
naw naw naw.....put the clip in and start the back top bolt.....if you have an alignment tool this is what its for if not no biggie....med sized phillips srewdriver...stick it in there roll it around grab clip with pair a pliers....pull out the screwdriver......slip in the bolt....start the nut n tighten em up....

you know you CAN tighten the lower 2 then put the spring in right?

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
naw naw naw.....put the clip in and start the back top bolt.....if you have an alignment tool this is what its for if not no biggie....med sized phillips srewdriver...stick it in there roll it around grab clip with pair a pliers....pull out the screwdriver......slip in the bolt....start the nut n tighten em up....

you know you CAN tighten the lower 2 then put the spring in right?

Yup! what he said.