• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

coilover install question....

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
I was considering going to a coil setup or coilovers. I am thinking of doing a 4 link set up in the rear and cage long arms up front. The questions I have is my current setup is Duff's stage 2 setup in the rear and Wildhorses extreme front hoop with Cage's long arm. Can I just swap in some coilovers at the current shock locations? I was noticing a buddies Toyota coilover setup was just replacing the staock shocks with new coilovers. I was hoping that I might be able to do the same for my EB. What do you guys think.

lil-bronc

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
You could, but why.. You would have to go with smaller coilovers and the angle in which you would have to run them wouldn't make them very effective.

I am four linking my rear and added a tube to the two rear points in my cage. From there I will be mounting my coilovers. You could have to cut about a 4" whole in your floor board at the wheel well, but that is a small price to pay for the capablity of running 16" coilovers.

just my .03

tonto

Bronco Guru
I think your asking can you install Coilovers in the front with out to much modification.
I would remove the frame coil & shock mounts and have a hoop made, I would then mount the lower mount to where the knuckle C connects to the axle tube as close to the tube as possible or on top of the radius arm where the stock coil sits, that puts the mount higher and the upper mount higher also, either way I would build in double shear.

68ford

Bronco Guru
the wild horses type hoops are not strong enough,check mine out pretty basic, no flex and minimal inner fender cutting. there 12in travel