• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

College Bronco owners

kidduniversity

Loc.
Statesville
I am curious who all is a (poor) college student out there trying to have a nice rig? Also is there someone out there that is a UNCC student? because I thought I was the only one with a early bronco but there is a freshman out there with one.

NoAZ68

Loc.
Northern AZ
Yeah, I am a return college student. Couldn't get through it first time, so now I am finishing up at 32 %) Up here in Northern AZ at NAU. I have a '68 that was a DD until recently but is now being stripped for a frame-off. I hope I can keep the project moving along and get it done before summer....

OP
OP
kidduniversity

kidduniversity

Loc.
Statesville
nice I trully like them both I also have a jacked up 88' s10 blazer myself but it is so hard to have time and afford to make either of my vehicles nice and have fun with them. I just wondered if many college students have that problem or do they have like their parent buy all their stuff and not get their hands dirty working on these beauties.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I am a junior at Cal Poly Pomona, and I understand what it's like to be poor. I don't have the top on my Bronco. That leaves me stranded on rainy days like today. I had a job through high school and saved a lot of my money to fix my Bronco up. I still have to finish the carpet but that's another story.

OldieTwoShoes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
im a poor college student at App state, i woul dliek to have a nice Bronco, but it might take a while, which UNCC chapel hill or Charlotte, i got a few friends going to both, neither have EBs though

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Another poor college kid here at Texas A&M in Galveston. The website business has been pretty good though ;) , and now that I just broke up with my long time girlfriend :'( , I should have alot more time and money ;D to spend on my toy. My 90 has been on jackstands for like a month now waiting on the G.D. transmission place :mad:

cc

Loc.
eugene, oregon
Im a college kid too. I go to the U of O. I have a decent looking daily driver, and no my parents dont pay for it, and yes I do get my hands dirty doing work on it. By the way I dont know how anyone could own a bronco and not do at least most of the work on it themselves. Since I am a broke college student I have put off the 5 speed and the lift until I get done with school--less than a year to go :cool: :cool: .

I have seen a couple broncos around campus over the past year or so but never seen one regularly--or been able to talk to one of the owners either.

here is one a muddy pic

http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/644...05f/ps/ENTRY/EDITENTRY?foneblog=1098253492703

and a clean one at SOB 8 :cool:

http://www.broncofix.com/gallery/sob8/AUT_3713

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
Im a poor college kid :(

I need to work on my junk again :(

click link below if ya wanna see it. Needs a little tlc from the year i had no garage. But looks the same heh.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
University of Florida. Still got my Exploder in case of emergency or if the Bronco on jacks.... the apt complex loves me %)

MountainGuy

Loc.
Athens, Georgia
yeah man, i'm poor as crap here in Athens. I'm not at UGA, but a small school down the road from it....yeah, paying for the gas is the hardest part for me. All my friends want to ride in it everywhere we go; so the gas is getting drained......it's worth it though; the ladies love it!!

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
I was a poor college kid that wanted an EB so bad. I couldn't afford one though - had enough trouble putting gas in the car and paying car insurance %) .But, now I gots me a jobby job and bought my rig 3 years ago and luv it. Going to skool and getting a job is good for EBs

OP
OP
kidduniversity

kidduniversity

Loc.
Statesville
hahahaha this is so cool almost everyones story is the same. I went to AppState 4 yrs ago and I am at Charlotte. Do yall hate those spoiled kids with their nice new mommy bought cars.

TIGERNUTZ

Loc.
Louisiana
Already out of school, but getting ready to apply to graduate school. Back to the poor house! ;D

My longterm project will have to be put on hold for a coupla more years. Maybe I'll be able to take small cheap steps in the mean time.

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA
Hey Kidduniversity

I might be that guy at UNCC that you have seen. I drive a dark blue bronco with a white top. I just moved here to go to grad school ;D. I think that I might have seen your Bronco on the first day of class that I went to, does it have a red color paint job? We should get together and talk EB's and about how we cant afford to mark things off our wish lists.

OP
OP
kidduniversity

kidduniversity

Loc.
Statesville
Mine has not been on campus this whole semster. It was last semster and it is bright red with a black top. There is another one that is yellow in the highrises. I would gladly meet up sometime. My email is uncckidd@yahoo.com email me and we will try to set something up.

Southerner

broncoman said:
I am a student at Auburn University. I have two Broncos. Only one of which is drivable. One is a long term project.
Check them out: http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41863&page=15&pp=15

War Eagle Broncoman, I finally graduated from Auburn in 2000. Don't know if the owner is a student or not but I've seen a silver eb at several home games while tailgating the last couple of years. I'll keep my eye out for you ;)

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
Man, there's a bunch of you down in the NC area, Ill be down there at Duke starting the year after next (provided my grades are high enough to stay in this program). Right now Im at Marshall (huntington WV) working on the first half of this co-op. Im doing a frame up on my 71 right now, or at least when I get home to work on it. Naturally its going VERY slowly because of my budget (or lack thereof). I have pictures in my gallery.

OP
OP
kidduniversity

kidduniversity

Loc.
Statesville
I totally know what you mean agent. I just put in power steering in mine trying to fix a tiny unfindable air leak and other little stuff to get back on the road and enjoy it. I hav enot driven my bronco since last may becasue of all the stuff coming in the way and being poor.