• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Comp XE258HR roller cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

latrucker

Contributor
Used with very few miles and in excellent shape. This is the perfect cam for the heavy bronco with EFI or carb. Lots of low end torque and will pull till 5500 rpm. Went to a 331 stroker and had a custom cam done for more horsepower is the reason I am selling it. $150 shipped to your door. Comp Cam part#-35-510-8

bigjhoov

nobody
Did you have to change rockers or anything to run this cam? Interested

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
If you have GT40 or especially GT40P heads you must change the valve springs.

The Ford stock valve springs are only able to stand up to the stock cam lift, no more than that.

OP
OP
latrucker

latrucker

Contributor
Did you have to change rockers or anything to run this cam? Interested
No rocker changes but if you want to spin it past 5000rpm you will need double springs or you will get valve float past that rpm. It is a roller cam so you must have roller lifters to use it.

OP
OP
latrucker

latrucker

Contributor
If you have GT40 or especially GT40P heads you must change the valve springs.

The Ford stock valve springs are only able to stand up to the stock cam lift, no more than that.
I know a few guys that used it with the stock setup on the mustangs with E7 heads and it worked fine just couldn't spin it past 5000rpm without the valves floating.

bigjhoov

nobody
Contemplating using it in a gt40 head explorer motor, so it's a roller. I knew about the springs but I've been reading about guys having to use 1.6 rockers too. The motor has an e303 in it now but am wanting to change that. Maybe I'll just go back with a stock explorer or 351 cam. I've read some great things about these, and the 35-308 cams.

Status
Not open for further replies.