• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

complete used power steering kit whats it worth?

bigbri69

Loc.
tomsriver
i stoped by this guys house to see about a used power steering set i know he has.anyway when i stoped by last week we talked and i gave him my number.he told me he had to dig it out from his basement and he would call.so he called me today and he has everything ready for me to see.going there saturday morning.i asked he what he was looking to get for it and he told me he would like to get 300.00 for it.just wana know what you guys think about the price.back in 92 i passed this guys house and he had 3 broncos.one always sat out back under a big carport next to a small barn.he drove the other 2 with one being lifted in realy good shape.over the years from passing the house i whould always see them.then one was gone then down the road the other was missing.now that i own a bronco i drove by his house and the one sitting out back is still sittin.so i rang his door bell and hes cool and we started talking.the one sitting is a 66 all bone stock.it was his wifes fathers.any way he still wont sell it.its bin it that spot for about 22 years.he says he is one day gona get it going.he will keep it uncut and all stock.he has new parts for it already just hasint got moving on it.thats how i found out about the steering.he was gona use it on the 66 but is gona keep it all stock even the steering.i thought the story would be cool to hear sorry it was so long.so lets hear your about the price of the steering!thanks

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
$300 is a good price. I just paid 200 + 17 shipping for a 6 turn PS box. Seller even included a pitman arm and misc column shaft parts. If he's including a pump, both pump brackets, and double groove pulleys, you're close to 300.

OX1

Bronco Guru
I got $350-375 for 2 complete setups on E-bay. They were cleaned and painted up pretty............

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
A few years back I got around $500 for a complete bolt on kit. I've heard that prices have dropped for stock units since there are so many after market kits. Last year I bought a complete stock 4turn kit, 3speed trans and about 6 other miscellaneous parts and I paid $400 for everything. I thought that was a good deal.