• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Control Arm Caps

ArmyCOL

It is hard to tell in the photos but the left side of this cap is shallower than the right side. Is this the way it is supposed to be? The top of the cap is to the top of the photos and this is from the left side control arm. PO had some weird pads in place and I am wondering if I just need to replace these.

Attachments

• IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 28

muskrat

Bronco Guru
The ford service manual says that you shouldn't mix them up. I just did my radius arms and ended up buying a used set and used caps. the caps didn't originally come with the arms, but it ended up not being an issue.
Good luck.

OP
OP
ArmyCOL

ArmyCOL

Thanks for the responses. I am getting ready to do a long arm setup and I was concerned the brushing would slip out if there was not enough center inside groove to match up with the groove in the bushing.

Chuck

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
The poly C bushings have an outside lip that hangs over the outside of the cap so that ridge isnt the only thing holding the bushing in place. Plus once you torque down the bolts I kind of doubt they would go anywhere anyway. Just tighten the bolts evenly.