• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Control Arm Torque

Bronco_46256

Loc.
Elkhart
I need to replace the C Bushings and the rear bushings on my stock '68 control arms. What torque do I need to put these back together with?? Any things I need to look out for when making the change?

Thanks

Chris

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
The factory torque spec for the rear of the radius arms is 80-120 ft-lbs. I went with the 120. The bolts up front at the axle torque at 90-110. The big things to remember is to install the C bushings correctly (they should be marked, Dont hesitate to call and ask them if you arent sure, because this is critical to get the correct caster). The second is to be sure you get your radius arms exactly parallel. If you dont, your bronco will lean. Lean wont hurt anything, just really detracts from the look of it. Heres an article on how to correct the lean and be sure you get the arms parallel.

http://www.broncofix.com/Tech/lean/lean.htm

That should be about all you need. If you run in to something call the vendor's tech support or just post on here. These guys will get you straightened out.