• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cool looking lokar throttle cable and c4 kickdown

markperry

Bronco Guru
I used the BC cables with no issues, but I have heard the Lokar is a better setup!

chuckinphx

Loc.
phx
learn from my mistake .. dont go through the same hole that linkage went through i did that and had bad angle .. snapped the cable where it attaches to petal,,, from bending back and forth..at angle.. i drilled a hole that looked straight to carb ,, havent had problems.... and it does clean up engine bay.. quieter, and feels smooth..

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
i started a thread on here couple weeks ago about the BC version and got many responses,,,all said and done i just ordered mine from summit two days ago...1000u is the part number for the black one 36$ if i remember rite...but i decided to go with the S.S. version for 42$ and then the bracket was 25...there is a package deal like i got for 68$ for the S.S. version......and yes you will be able to get rid of all that B.S that is there now...

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
I installed the Lokar kickdown and throttle kit on my 76. There are pics on my build if your interested.

stanz

Loc.
Portland
I had a 79 F-250. The high rise manifold & Edelbrock carb setup on the 460 necessitated going to a Lokar set up. As you can see by the photo, I had to get creative in fabbing bracketry and cable housing getting the throttle cable to maintain the correct geometry. In the end I was very satisfied with the quality of the materials and their performance.

You'll also note a small blue anodized tip on the end of the kick-down cable. That's typically for bicycle brake cable ends to keep them from fraying. Found that it works perfectly on the Lokar cables and gives it a nice professional finish.

ry%3D400

backpain

Bronco Guru
Is the 24" throttle cable plenty long enough for routing flexibility (i.e. everyone still trims it down some more)?