• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coolant Overflow Tank

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Mine has a thin wall clear pvc type hose.
8d99a1b99efa21f93c96b1c72edefa6a.jpg

Myllo73

The hose goes on the inside of the tank and gets a hose clamp around the split portion to secure the hose. Make sure the hose is long enough that it's close to the bottom of the tank on the inside. I think mine is a fuel line hose, I can't remember exactly if it's a specific type needed. Someone else may be able to help with that.

panalukes

Loc.
Virginia Beach, VA
Mine came with a metal insert pickup pipe. It is approximately 2 inches and sits in the clear plastic. It pokes out a little and then you put the hose coming from the radiator onto that.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
I drilled out the opening in the bottle to except the proper size hose. Then the hose clamp around the plastic on the outside of the bottle.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The hole is 3/8" in diameter, so I used 3/8" steel tubing to run from the bottom of the tank and bent it to clear obstacles. I then ran a 3/8" rubber hose to the 3/8" nipple on the radiator filler neck. A hose clamp on the over flow tank neck holds the steel tube in position. 2 hose clamps secure the ends of the hose. The hose won't kink this way.