• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Core Support - Radiator Mount with 2" body lift, and Wheel Well question

reynard101

Bronco Guru
Doing a fair amount of panel replacement. My original Core Support is junk. New one is just about ready to put on. I have a 2" body lift - do I move the radiator support brackets 2" to compensate for the lift, or do I leave the radiator support brackets in stock location and get a new radiator shroud?

Also, should I just go with the 76-77 style front wheel wells? The one with the provision for power booster (although I'm planning on hydroboost) and the power steering shaft? My original 75 only had the power steering shaft 'bump'. Or does any of this even make a difference? Have a 4x4x2 steering box and I'll be running aftermarket steering shaft.

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have absolutely no idea but I need to know where you get your oil changed. I will drive there, dont care how far it is.

Nice garage photos and good luck with your answers.

OP
OP
reynard101

reynard101

Bronco Guru
I have absolutely no idea but I need to know where you get your oil changed. I will drive there, dont care how far it is.

Nice garage photos and good luck with your answers.

A good mechanic is hard to find!

Loc.
The Bluegrass State
I might be able to help with your second question. I recently totally rebuilt all the sheet metal in the front of my 77. I also installed hydroboost with a 4x4x2 steering box. The provision on the 76-77 for the booster wasn't needed and with the aftermarket steering shaft I used the " crease" present on the fender well wasn't really needed either. So with how your describing setting up your rig, I don't think you'll go wrong using either the 75 and earlier or the 76-77 design driverside fender well. I hope this help answer your question.