• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cowl Repair Opinion with pics

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
This is my first Bronco restoration and I don’t have a lot of information on them but am learning. Can you guys look at this picture and tell me if this is what the cowl looked like from the factory?

I welded a patch panel into the one hole then blew out the cowl channel before spray injecting POR15 in the whole channel area. Once it was saturated with POR15 I fabricated what I thought the metal should look like then welded it in place. I hope it looks close to what the factor did.

I have seen many Broncos with bondo all over this area. I did not know if they were hiding this rusted area or if this is what the factor did to cover the exposed holes.

I am a novice but want to do the best job I can do.

I attached a before and an after picture.

Before:
cowl1.jpg

After:
cowl4.jpg

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
What you did looks good, but I would try to close the gap on the seam there, its pretty broad. Some seam sealer should take up a good bit of it....but you definitely want to close that up.

OP
OP
JohnJohn

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I could have made this area fully bpxed in but I was trying to replicate what it would have looked like from the factory.

The POR15 and paint (coming soon) will prevent rust. This truck will be garage kept when done and will not see rain.

bbayliss

I have the same problem with mine. What did it look like from the factory? What is its purpose?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Nothing Ever Kills Rust.....you just prolong the aganie !!! This is what Dupont told me , years ago when I sold their paint......But I'd say you did a good job ...