• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Crab Email Address Changed

crab

Bronco Guru
Sorry guys, probably not the right place to post this but I'm somewhat computer retarded and didn't know how to swap over my address book to my new email address.
NEW EMAIL ADDRESS (for now anyway) CRAABS@GMAIL.COM
Cell phone is the same at 541-992-2434
Sorry for the down time, but we will be back up after the new year. We're making some changes around the shop and will be adding some new product for '08. Thanks for all your support, and feel free to email me with any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
Thanks,,,,,,,,,,CRAB (Rob Bailey)

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Hey Crab I just sent you an email to see if you could modify one of your cages to look like this picture but mount behind the dash like the second picture.
Thanks
Dennis

Attachments

• roll cages 013.jpg
    roll cages 013.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC06944 (Medium).JPG
    DSC06944 (Medium).JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 210

bob_lafrentz

Loc.
Cody, WY
That would be totally cool! I'd buy one.

On another note, do you have a website? I'll be in the market for a cage sometime soon and have been looking around, but cannot find your website. Thanks.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I am pretty sure the first picture is a Crab cage, just with the rear uppers bent to match the front. In order to modify to fit behind the dash you would just need some added length on the front bars. If you wouldn't mind trimming and possibly re-notching (I don't mind) I think it should be a relatively minor addition? We will see.
Dennis

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
Dewman9, if you have them put it thru the dash like mine, have them land the feet on the upper portion of the floor pan, as there is a body x-member that I now have to cut out to get the frame tie in's completed. Also be aware that the glovebox, heater intake and e-brake will need substantial modification. Dead sexy though. ;)

jjwtwice

Loc.
IGH, MN
That exactly what I am looking to do. I would be in for the buy on one as well. I'm not concerned about the e-brake. Would need to hug as tight to the windshield frame, behind the dash and straight down to the floor. A cross bar just above the dash pad might be nice as well.

silver67

Loc.
Salem
the first picture is a crab cage and just the same as mine except my 4 middle spreaders are bent up to give more head room.

kntr

Bronco Guru
I would think body flex would come into play also. The body would flex and hit the rollbar making noise. You would need a pretty good gap around the dash and bar.

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
No flex or noise yet from the A pillars/dash, but havent flexed it up much either. I installed some vinyl door edge protector in the dash A pillar slots, that part does not appear to be moving...

Did have an issue with a bit of noise due to the firewall forward flexing a bit and making the ebrake assembly rub, which is bolted in stock position on the firewall and to to the rollcage A pillar dash tab. A little clearancing and its cool now.

Plus bushing isolated frame tie ins and some better core support shimming to come.

OP
OP
crab

crab

Bronco Guru
Well, it's been a long time coming, but it looks like it's time to build a few of these. Mine first of course ;D
We're having a meeting this weekend at the fab shop. I've already discusses this cage with my fabriactor, and will be going over the details and production possibilities.
Later........Crab

bob_lafrentz

Loc.
Cody, WY
Well, it's been a long time coming, but it looks like it's time to build a few of these. Mine first of course ;D
We're having a meeting this weekend at the fab shop. I've already discusses this cage with my fabriactor, and will be going over the details and production possibilities.
Later........Crab

Do you have a webpage?

OP
OP
crab

crab

Bronco Guru
I'd put a deposit on one today if it will go through the dash

I can tell you for sure, we are going to build "behind" the dash cages. I'll keep everyone updated once we start bending. As usual, the first batch will be the cheapest you will ever see. So pay attention if you want in, or email me if you want a potential waiting list.
Later.........Crab
Craabs@gmail.com

OP
OP
crab

crab

Bronco Guru
Yeah Rob, what IS that website address again?

Yea, well.......as some of you know, I traded a cage for web page work a few years ago. I get pi$$'d every time I think about a web page. To be honest, I don't really want to advertise any more then right here on CB. Remember, this is a hobby, not a full time job for us. However.........we are expanding and a web page is something we should look into. Hopefully this summer.........this summer......this summer......this summer........;D

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
And stickers too!!!
Hey can you shoot me Nate's info, I need to make a pick up in the next couple weeks.

Attachments

• crabadd.jpg
    crabadd.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 56