• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CRAB roll cage has been officially tested! *Now with pics*

GoFastCrackPipe

Loc.
Salem area
Trail : Powerline #4 (I tried a short section of the trail that had previously been closed)
Time : Mid afternoon
Condition : Dry, loose dirt/rocks, bad angles...
Roll over : Slow rollover onto it's side with all of the weight being supported by the rear corner of the cage.
Damage : One little dent/scratch on the fender!!! The cage didn't budge, dent, or bend in the slightest!

I didn't get any pics on my camera (forgot to grab it when I climbed out) but BroncoSport and SaddleUp took a lot of photos so you will have to wait until they post them or send them to me to post.

Thank you Rob (Crab) for making a great cage... it could have been ugly with just a roll bar.

Pics to follow tomarrow or monday... And a trip report from our outting sometime Sunday night or Monday.

Last edited:

crab

Bronco Guru
I love it when a cage gets used. We test ours more then we should. But having a cage you trust often puts you in situations you normally wouldn't get into. I think our cage makes you a better driver, going places you normally wouldn't, testing your skills and ba!!s pushing the limits. Man, I wish I could have made it this weekend. :'( :'( :'(

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Glad to hear it worked as it should - one question - is yours tied to the frame yet or just body mounted?

Thx!

crab

Bronco Guru
tx1ton said:
Glad to hear it worked as it should - one question - is yours tied to the frame yet or just body mounted?

Thx!
We temporarily bolted it in at the shop with one bolt in each foot to the body. I hope it was fastened better then that ;)
Crab

OP
OP
GoFastCrackPipe

GoFastCrackPipe

Loc.
Salem area
No it is not tied into the frame... yet. I just have to get the time and money befor I give Rob a call. :)
I did bolt it in with 12 grade 8 bolts, fender washers, and locking nuts. I should have some photos soon... SaddleUp? BroncoSport? Are you guys still out there wheeling?

OP
OP
GoFastCrackPipe

GoFastCrackPipe

Loc.
Salem area
Still waiting for someone to post pics... but I did have one on my camera of the damage...

Attachments

• 800x600 roll.jpg
    800x600 roll.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 102

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I'll get some good pics up as soon as I reduce the size down. They are about 12 MB each right now. Got some good ones though. Dan tried to stay high on a banked corner and slowly leaned it over until it laid over on it's side. Dan, I'll try to get the pics onto a CD for you large enough to print posters if you want.

OP
OP
GoFastCrackPipe

GoFastCrackPipe

Loc.
Salem area
SaddleUp said:
I'll get some good pics up as soon as I reduce the size down. They are about 12 MB each right now. Got some good ones though. Dan tried to stay high on a banked corner and slowly leaned it over until it laid over on it's side. Dan, I'll try to get the pics onto a CD for you large enough to print posters if you want.

Awesome! I think I am going to take one of them to one of the printing places around here and have a poster made. ;D

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Here's the first bunch.

Attachments

• MemDayWKEnd08.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd08.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 107
  • MemDayWKEnd07.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd07.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 60
  • MemDayWKEnd06.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd06.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 66
  • MemDayWKEnd05.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd05.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 87
  • MemDayWKEnd04.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd04.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 115
  • MemDayWKEnd03.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd03.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 76
  • MemDayWKEnd02.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd02.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 148
  • MemDayWKEnd01.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd01.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 141

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
And the second bunch.

Attachments

• MemDayWKEnd13.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd13.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 47
  • MemDayWKEnd12.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd12.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 48
  • MemDayWKEnd11.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd11.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 34
  • MemDayWKEnd10.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd10.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 55
  • MemDayWKEnd09.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd09.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 51
  • MemDayWKEnd14.jpg
    MemDayWKEnd14.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 145

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Great pics you guys. It looks like minimal damage? Glad no one was hurt though.