• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cross enterprises

pacebm

Loc.
Hartselle
Just a quick question. Anyone heard from Mike Cross lately? I ordered a set of bumpers from him several months ago and I can't seem to get in touch with him. I have left several messages at his shop and emailed him a couple of times to check the status but I just can't reach him. Any help is appreciated.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Just a quick question. Anyone heard from Mike Cross lately? I ordered a set of bumpers from him several months ago and I can't seem to get in touch with him. I have left several messages at his shop and emailed him a couple of times to check the status but I just can't reach him. Any help is appreciated.

Oh boy...

Where have we seen something like this before? %)

Louie

Bronco Guru
The one time I did buy a Cross bumper it took a couple mos. for it to get here so sounds kind of typical so far. Not communicating is weak %) Nice bumpers though!

Michaelv's69

Oh boy...

Where have we seen something like this before? %)

I have crossed paths and done business with Mike Cross for 15 years-He is not one of "those guys" who takes peoples money and hoses them. Something must have have happened-does not look or sound good. I'm just saying that he is a straight shooter and hopefully he is all right. Everyone, be careful who you slam until you get all of the facts straight.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I have crossed paths and done business with Mike Cross for 15 years-He is not one of "those guys" who takes peoples money and hoses them. Something must have have happened-does not look or sound good. I'm just saying that he is a straight shooter and hopefully he is all right. Everyone, be careful who you slam until you get all of the facts straight.

Good. Sorry if I offended you, but it's hard to trust hardly anyone these days. I didn't mean to "slam" anyone, just assumed that it may be a scam. I don't know the guy. I hope things work out for good on both ends.

Not saying this is the case, but I'm sure there were people who knew "the soft-top bandit" for a long period of time, and never thought he would do such a thing either.

Michaelv's69

Good. Sorry if I offended you, but it's hard to trust hardly anyone these days. I didn't mean to "slam" anyone, just assumed that it may be a scam. I don't know the guy. I hope things work out for good on both ends.

Not saying this is the case, but I'm sure there were people who knew "the soft-top bandit" for a long period of time, and never thought he would do such a thing either.

No offense taken. I have been into Broncos since 1980 when I bought my first 71'. I used to own a business building double tube bumpers in the late 80's and early 90's and worked with Mike at times with magazine articles before I sold it to a distributor. Beware, I have seen many "bandits" in my time and I am sure there will be more in the future. I know a lot of people on this forumn will back Mike Cross-I too hope things work out good on both ends.

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
it took him in the range of 5-6 months to get me my front bumper.

Very poor communication the entire time.

It did finally arrive though.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I have Mike's Trail Mate rear bumper, great bumper and a very reasonable price. His products are not mass produced. They are all hand built, one at a time, by him personally. Thats what makes his QC so easy. He does a lot more things at the shop than just build bumpers. So I know he can be quite busy at times. I would just leave more messages on his machine. I'm sure he will get back to you real soon.

As for JGbronc, I think your first response was a little quick to judge. Thats simply not the case. I know him personally and he doesn't run his business that way. Anybody who knows Mike would agree.
Mark Davis

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
As for JGbronc, I think your first response was a little quick to judge. Thats simply not the case. I know him personally and he doesn't run his business that way. Anybody who knows Mike would agree.
Mark Davis

So how does he run it? Extremely slow to ship paid for products and piss poor comminucations? %)

get real!!!! that is no way to run a business.

I do not know the guy but how can anyone defend those practices?

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Mark Davis

Yes, I realized that earlier. I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else.