• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

custom air cleaner DONE!

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
it's taken me about a month to finish because of no money rolling in, but i finally finished my custom air cleaner. i think it came out really cool! only thing i wanted to do differently was do a black crinkle finish instead of the semi gloss, but i'm still happy with it. now i just need to get the dry wraps...

does anybody know where i can get a small bronco script sticker to put on the front of it?

Attachments

• DSCN1228.JPG
    DSCN1228.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 433

saxman

Loc.
Austin, TX
that looks good! what parts/materials did you use? How high is it from the base of the carb? notice any performance gains?

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
basically i started with one of these;

http://www.turbocity.com/product_info.php?cPath=17_25&products_id=107

i bought it unwelded, and unpainted. i had to make it 3/4" taller to clear the tube on my truck avenger carb, then cut and welded the tubes on per my own lengths. then i ordered the K&N filters from summit racing, part number RC-9630. as for performance, i haven't even fired it up with them on yet.

BTW, i didn't do the welding, it needed to be heli-arced being aluminum. we can make them to order, but they'll be pricey! materials and labor alone are over $200, then shipping and i'd like to make a bit off them.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
That is really nice, pretty clean looking. Thought about routing some ducting to the grill kinda makin it like cold air/ram air?

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
thought about that, don't know why i didn't. i have an active hood scoop, so it'll get cold air. i just wanted something different...

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That looks real good. I wonder how much of a difference your going to get over all.

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
well, i took it for a little drive today and it likes it! i got on my new engine for the first time, hit 5,100 RPM with no problem. this sucker gets up and boogies!

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
:eek:

so you started by spending $160 then hacked on it till it fit???

WoW pricey way to gamble on it fitting!!!

looks WAY cool though!

:cool:

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i didn't pay $160, i got a raw casting for $75 without the side tubes welded on. then i paid my buddy to heli-arc it together, and bought the filters. i still need to order the dry wraps to the tune of $20 a piece.

Attachments

• DSCN1156.JPG
    DSCN1156.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 26

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
WoW x2...

I just was check'n out what you've got go'n on under yer hood!!!

Pretty cool! I esp dig the lil lights and toggle!

Do those vented inner fender wells keep it noticibly cooler?? How much more dirt and such get's tossed under the hood with them?

NICE JOB!

:cool:

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i don't know if they keep it cooler or not, i installed them at the same time as m new engine. i can tell you it's never gone over 195 idling. as for dirt, i'll find out next month.