• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Custom Front Bumper completed

BicksBronc

Loc.
Concord, NC
New Rear Bumper pics added

Just finished the front bumper for our 76. What do you think?

Attachments

• newbumper1.jpg
    newbumper1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 432
  • new bumper.jpg
    new bumper.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 367
  • Bronco Bumper 001.jpg
    Bronco Bumper 001.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 380
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 334
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 294
  • Bronco side.jpg
    Bronco side.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I think you should market that. I don't know if I've ever seen one that looked so good. definitely A+:eek:

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice lookin Bumper for sure and a great lookin Bronco as well. Your shop ain't too shabby either. :cool:

scbronco

Loc.
Sumter, SC
i like it too, great work! never considered doing a 3 peice design, are the peices welded for final assembly or did you leave them bolt on? id love to hear some commentary on the pros and cons you ran into with it. great fab work all around though, looks very professional and clean. Sweet Bronco and Shop, too!!!

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
That bumper is awesome. Nothing like a great looking one of a kind to set your Bronco apart.

Nice work!!!

OP
OP
BicksBronc

BicksBronc

Loc.
Concord, NC
Thanks for all the nice compliments guys.

Here's a few answers to some of the questions:

It all bolts together. the sides slide into the frame rails and each rail has three bolts holding it in. As the paint booth picture shows there are two threaded spuds on each side on the face of the side pieces. the 1/4" plate secures to the front and is bent and secured to the frame and the bumper side pieces. The cool part is the winch is sitting between the frame rails.

We are working on the rear bumper as well. It should be primed tomorrow and I will add pics.

You only see a small section of the shop (10Ksqft) the other parts are cluttered but very functional. see gallery for more pics on the shop.

At present time no plans for manufacturing these. ( just doing them for fun and functionality) This is what my dad and I do on the weekends.

If you have anymore questions let me know and I will try to answer.

I appreciate the feedback.

Bick

OP
OP
BicksBronc

BicksBronc

Loc.
Concord, NC
i like it too, great work! never considered doing a 3 peice design, are the peices welded for final assembly or did you leave them bolt on? id love to hear some commentary on the pros and cons you ran into with it. great fab work all around though, looks very professional and clean. Sweet Bronco and Shop, too!!!

Thanks SC.

It is bolted together. So far no cons everything went together smoothly and snuggly. You have to use a slidehammer to remove it from the frame rail. We enlarged a couple of holes on the frame and drilled one each on the inside of the frame rails.There was a lot of measuring involved.

If you want know anything else let me know.

Bick

Myllo73

Just saw this and have to say that the bumper looks great and original. Great job!!