• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cut rockers w/ both gas tanks??

moabers

Loc.
SLC, UTAH
I am wondering if anyone has cut their rocker panels off, put in rocker skid tubes, etc., and kept their Auxiliary fuel tank in place? I would love to see some pictures of that if possible, and how exposed to damage has that been on the trail? Does it look OK? <br>I am wanting to cut my rockers off, put in ~2"x6" rectangular tubing, and raise my fender flares, but I want to keep my side fuel tank for fuel range.<br><br>TIA!<br>

welndmn

Bronco Guru
I cut out 3-4 inchs out (was a LOOOONG time ago) then welded in some 2x4 to just cover the AUX tank<br><br>
rockerme1.jpg
<br>
rockerme2.jpg

OP
OP
M

moabers

Loc.
SLC, UTAH
Thanks Mark, that really helps. That gives me a really good idea of what I am looking at as far as potential aux tank exposure.<br><br>Thanks again!