• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cutting out inner fenders

roksmurf

Loc.
Russellville Ark.
I know some of ya have done this.. but thinkin of cutting out the front inner fenders, It seems like might get a little more air moving.. plus my drivers side is in rough shape..question is . do ya need to add some type of support for core support/fender and where do ya mount the goodies that now mount on the inner fender?? still in the thinkin stages..and might abort if to much bs... thanks

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
roksmurf said:
I know some of ya have done this.. but thinkin of cutting out the front inner fenders, It seems like might get a little more air moving.. plus my drivers side is in rough shape..question is . do ya need to add some type of support for core support/fender and where do ya mount the goodies that now mount on the inner fender?? still in the thinkin stages..and might abort if to much bs... thanks

You can run a tubular brace from the firewall to the core support, otherwise the front gets a flexin'. You mount the stuff wherever you can find space. My battery will be in the rear of the tub, MSD in the pass footwell, etc.

I can stand inside of my fenders with the tire behind my legs to work on my truck right now. It's awesome.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I've considered this as well. My plan is to eventually build a framework from tubing to hold the fenders, radiator, and the grill. It will also support the front shocks since I plan to use coilovers. As far as all of the goodies I plan to either put them on the firewall or build brackets from the tubing for them. The batteries might end up under the passenger seat but not until I replace them with something that can be safely put there. (I.E. A sealed gell cell type battery)

welndmn

Bronco Guru
I had nothing back there for years, lately, I added a Bar that runs into the grill (from the stinger) to the roll cage, its mainly there so the fender does not come crushing into the motor.

45acp

Loc.
Texarkana AR
Ive had mine cut out for a few years now with no supports.... no issues. This summer it will get a mini-engine cage and im narrowing the front clip. If you want to cut them out, just go for it. No actual need for extra supports until you get ready.

bronco69drp

Loc.
Cordova TN(memphis)
when i narrowed my front 13", i cut out my entire inner front clip & used a square tubing frame for support & moved the battery back to the rear right side of the tub. :cool: